CHAPTER FIVE: Fugaku's Proposal

Hanako, Kazuki and Takeshi stood in front of the Hokage's desk as the Third looked at them seriously. "How did you learn the Kage Bunshin?"

"It was me." Hanako was the first to say. "I'm sorry, if you are going to punish someone, let it be me. They didn't do anything Hokage-sama. It was my fault entirely." Hiruzen smiled at her.

"Well, Hanako. I'm afraid the punishment applies for the three of you." The Uchiha looked at him with widened eyes. The other two gasped. "You won't be continuing your classes in the Academy." Hanako felt her stomach fell as well as her breath taken away. "You don't have anything else to learn."

"But..." Hanako could feel her tears gathering at her sockets and she closed her eyes tightly before looking at the ground. "I'm sorry, Hokage-sama... They didn't do anything. It was me... Please, expel only me." Kazuki and Takeshi looked at her with their eyes widened.

The Hokage chuckled. "I don't think you get me, Hanako." He stood up from his seat, bringing three village protectors with him. "The three of you don't need to go to the Academy anymore. You are Genin now." He placed a protector in front of her and Hanako looked at it with wide eyes. "Congrats." Hanako looked up at the Hokage and he smiled at the three of them. "Use your abilities wisely," he said as he gave the three kids their protectors. "And don't attack your Konoha comrades unless you're training." Hanako nodded with a wide smile. Kazuki and Takeshi grinned.

"Hai!"

* * *

Hanako and her friends didn't return to the Academy after the incident, so the rumors started.

"Hana-chan didn't come to class today either!"

"Did she really get expelled?"

"No way! She was first place!"

Comments like such were heard every single day. Itachi was also offered to graduate early, along two others in his class. The day of Graduation came, and all doubts were cleared. Hanako was sitting at the back of the class, with her forehead protector on and Kazuki and Takeshi at either side of her. Itachi looked at her for a moment before sitting at the opposite side of them.

"Well, I hope you had a wonderful year!" The teacher entered the classroom with a lot of energy. I wanted to congratulate you for your Graduation, some of you early but still counting!" He chuckled. "Now, before assigning the teams you'll be working in from now on, I want to introduce a new girl. She graduated from the Academy in Kumogakure, so please go easy on her! Come on in, Hyori!" A small girl about seven years old entered the class. She looked at every student with her brilliant blue orbs and her short brown hair held back with hairpins. "Welcome to Konoha," the sensei said again and the girl just nodded curtly before sitting next to a blond boy in the front line. "So, now the teams!"

Hanako sighed. She looked sideways at the Uchiha she had observed during her short year in the Academy. "So, he graduated as well?"

"Team 2!" The teacher announced. "Koharu Anami! Hiroki Daishi! Itachi Uchiha!"

"Oh? Itachi?" Takeshi looked at the boy and scoffed. "What is he doing here?" Hanako just chuckled at him.

"Team 3! Kaichi Kazeyama! Ren Sonoda! Hyori Senju!"

"They're also from our generation, aren't they?" Kazuki asked.

"Really? I never saw them before," Takeshi commented.

"They were probably in class 1-2..." Hanako finished, turning her attention to the teacher.

"Team 4!" he announced once again. "Takeshi Komatsu! Kazuki Mitokado! Hanako Uchiha!"