Chapter Three

A confused look crossed his features, instead of answering her strange question he asked his own; "What is a maiden, such as yourself, doing near Lothlorien?"

She felt like crying, she was exhausted, sore, and downright frustrated. Taking a deep breath, she calmly replied. "Where is Lothlorien? Is it a small town somewhere in Ontario or the United States? I've never heard of it before because as of right now, I haven't the faintest on where I am or how I got here. It's been one hell of a day and all I want is straight answers because right now, I am about to lose my blasted mind."

The man blinked a couple of times, his mind going over her words, debating whether or not her words were false or not. He studied her then, knowing well that she was on the verge of having a meltdown.

"It is alright, my lady." He tried to sound reassuring. "I give you my word that we will find a way for you to go home."

Kyra took a deep breath, "Thank you. Finally someone with a bit more sense than the other guy."

"Who-" The man's eyes widened considerably as his eyes locked onto the figure laying beside her. He began speaking in that angelic language. What was it exactly? If she could, she'd listen to it forever. Maybe she could-"What happened to Haldir?"

She cleared her throat, feeling her face flush with embarrassment at the look he gave her. "Well?" He prodded.

"He was freaking me out." She began. Paused. Took a deep breath. "And I kind of threw a rock at him."

His eyebrows rose, his eyes travelled down her body and then up to her face. An amused grin on his face. "Kind of?"

"Yeah..." She started, her nerves beginning to take their toll on her. As her anger begin to flare. What was with that grin of his? "I mean, I didn't do it on purpose but he wouldn't give me the answers that I wanted and, really, I would very much prefer to go home, instead of here. Is that so much to ask? Or is there going to be more cosplayers?"

"Cosplayers?" He repeated the word with a look of confusion. "What is that?"

"Are you kidding me?"

"I do not kid."

Kyra studied him for a minute. How long was she able to deny what her mind was telling her? How long was she going to be able to say that she was no longer in Toronto? Hell, it seems as though she was no longer in Canada or even in her own world. There were many thoughts going through her mind about what could be happening. Perhaps, somehow, she had been given some sort of hallucinogenic. Though, she knew that wasn't possible as she had never ate or drank anything except for what she had prepared. Or, it could have been some sort of weird dream. Though, she wondered how this sort of dream could feel so real. As she looked at both men, she could see no deceit in their words or see any humour in their eyes to indicate that this was all an act.

Something in her gut told her that it was none of the above.

Nothing in her mind to explain to her how she came to be in the forest made no sense. All she could think of was that it was magic. Kyra almost laughed at the absurd idea. Just because her family believed in that didn't mean she did.

Closing her eyes, Kyra willed the thoughts away as she sighed, returning her attention to the man's question. "A cosplayer is someone who dresses up as a favourite character from a book, movie, show, game, etc. There was this one year I dressed up as Lacus Clyne from Gundam SEED."

From the blank stare she received, he hadn't the first on what she talking about. Gritting her teeth in an attempt to keep her rising frustration from bubbling over. She didn't need another unconscious guy to look after in hopes of trying to find this Lothlorien city he was talking about.

"Please, for the love of God, tell me that you have fantasy stories around here."

"We do." He said slowly, "But not many. Only children divulge in such stories, adults and our elders search for books for educational purposes."

Raising an eyebrow, she scoffed. "Wow. You lot don't sound like fun. What do you do for fun around here anyway?"

It wasn't as if she was trying to insult him, but after the day she had Kyra felt slightly entitled to complain. She was beginning to get a headache as her head spun so much. It also didn't mean that she was trying to say that education was not important. Not at all. After all, to have a good career in this world you either have to join the military and learn through them or go to college to do so.

To do so for fun, however? Not really her cup of tea.

"There are many things that we elves like to do in our spare time."

She was having a difficult time believing he was an elf, didn't matter if he had pointed ears or not as she continued to picture elves that were in stories that were in the North Pole, helping Santa with making toys for little children who were nice on Christmas.

She just could not picture a gorgeous man being an elf. Clearing her throat she snapped herself out of ogling thoughts as she focused her gaze back on his face. "Okay, what would they be?"

"Before I answer let us make haste to the city and on our journey I will be glad to explain to you what we do in our spare time if we are not occupied with studies."

Just strange and appropriate way of speech, Kyra thought with amusement. She nodded, watching as he picked up the man with ease. Her eyes widened a bit in surprise. He looked as scrawny as her Uncle did. Though, she knew well than to judge a book by its cover.

Kira was honestly intrigued by the different activities that they did and wanted to know more. And as time passed, night slowly turning into day, it took her a moment or two to realize just how much time had passed. She was increasingly becoming more and more calm within Legolas' presence and less anxious. He was a free spirit who was extremely entertaining to be around.

Though, thoughts of her job drifted in her mind more than one occasion. What will happen when she did show up? More than likely she was going to be out of a job. A sigh escaped past her lips as a solemn expression crossed her features. All those years in nursing went down the drain. And judging by the clothes Legolas wore, they weren't all that advanced in medicine like she was.

"My fair Kyra, something that matter?"

He was a gentleman. She shook her head. "No. I'm fine, mate. Just was thinking is all."

"Mate?"

"Another word for friend, basically." She replied, shrugging her shoulders as they sat down on the grass cross-legged. Glancing over at Haldir he was beginning to awaken as his eyes slowly fluttered open. It had been approximately a day now that she had knocked him unconscious and Kyra couldn't help but to bite her bottom lip in nervousness, feeling uncomfortable as the one who his eyes focused in on just had to be her, but before anything could be said Legolas made his way over to him.

Kyra tried to go back to eating the rest of her meal but found that she was unable as guilt gnawed at her like a dog did a bone. It was somewhat grinding on her nerves and she could feel the tips of her ears burning upon hearing her name amongst the low conversation between both elves. She still couldn't tell what they were saying, but from where she was it sounded as though Haldir was a bit angry as he spoke as Legolas sounded as if he was trying to calm him down.

Of course they were talking about her.

Though, she couldn't fault the man for being angry at her, because if she was in that position she would also be quite perturbed by being knocked unconscious by a crazy lady. Though, could anyone really blame her though? One minute she was in the comforts of her bed and the next she was in the middle of nowhere surrounding by huge trees. To ask for directions was like asking how to drive a car from Canada to anywhere overseas.

It was impossible.

Kyra sighed, risking a quick glance to the elves a few feet from her and was frozen by Haldir's eyes on her. She gulped, feeling small under his gaze. She hoped and prayed to whichever deity they believed in that this wasn't how she was going to be known in Lothlorien. Or anywhere for that matter.

If it was, she had a feeling that it would be more troublesome to try and get help. And how they looked, that's exactly what was going to happen.

Why the hell couldn't she have kept her anger, frustration, and fear under control?