KEVIN EMERSON

The next day, I return to New York to cross-check my update for that I need to contact Kings.

I visit King's Mansion where only Aliana is present.

"It'll take a couple of days to gather information" She updates me on her findings.

"And afterward?"

We can't let Daniel roam freely for his crimes and especially when we are in the middle of an interrogation. He can alert the culprit if he knows them.

"We will handle him" She smirks and I get the feeling that whatever she has planned I don't want to know.

"Prison?"

"Pst! No. First I'll handle him until we find the real culprit and then we'll handle to law"

We chat some more and then retreat to catch some sleep but before that, I call Xia.

"Now what?" and her voice is to die for.

"Was just thinking about you"

"Is that so?"

"You don't believe me? "

"Why would I?"

"Because.."

"Huh-uh?"

"I----like you"

"You like me?"

"Yes"

"Then tell me what is keeping you so busy?"

Not again, Woman.

"Cat caught your tongue?"

"I wish, I could explain you"

"I am listening"

"Will you give me some time?"

"Give me one valid reason"

"Because you want to believe me, you want to listen to me, you want me, Xia"

"I'd like nothing more than bursting those bubbles of yours"

I laugh at her denial.

"You're annoying" She complains.

"You love me still" She intakes sharp breathe.

After a long pause, she whispers, "I don't love you, Kevin"

I don't need any more explanation.

"Whatever helps you sleep"

"I don't have time for your childish tricks"

"I missed our bickering"

"Don't you have someone to entertain you?"

"Don't remind me" I groan.

"Whatever"

We both fall silent and I don't know when I slept but wake up at midnight because of the same dream. I check my phone and the call is still going.

"Xia" I whisper but I hear only even breathing and listening to her, I drift back to sleep.

This time I wake up relaxed and my hand on their record reaches my phone. She is not on call anymore. With a sigh, I go through my morning routine.

Someone knocks on the door.

"Come in"

"Good morning, Sir"

"Morning" I seriously forgot his name.

"Mrs. king wants you to join her on breakfast table"

I nod and reach Kings' Mansion where not only Aliana but two more women are present. I have checked their background as vaguely as possible without hindering their privacy.