Chapter 5 : Scared

A servants P.O.V
I was in the middle of preparing the silver for the many guests that were to arrive in honor of celebrating our prince's coming of age .We were waiting in anticipation for news of the Prince's results , when we saw a shot of lightning in the sky. Then a few seconds later , an aura of strong magic pulsed through the air and hit us. Shockwaves of light lit up the sky until it was so bright that we cowered in fear of blindness.

2 hours later:

A huge commotion was going on. We had abandoned their duties , flocking to the court yard to see what was going on. As I followed the masses, I had glimpsed the varying emotions of shock, fear and anticipation on the faces surrounding me

Suddenly we stopped , I looked over their shoulders to see dozens of guards flanking the king who held the prince in his arms , they rushed past us and into the great hall, I heard orders being shouted for the physician and the priestess from the high temples to be called

The whole palace was frantic with worry for the princes declining health. Loud noises of thrashing and of the priestess chanting vibrated throughout the palace. We could hear the physician giving orders for this potion and that salve. We watched as the king and queen drained their magic in effort to save their son from the clutches of death.

The great palace doors flew open , the kings closest advisors strode in.
In their arms was a child.

Their magic swirled around her protectively much like a blanket shielding her and by the robes she was wore we could see that she was one of the changelings. Her small body ,fragile and as they passed us we could feel her lowering vitals. She was on the edge of death.

The doors closed with a bang. The palace was on lockdown.

No one was to enter and only the very few and most needed servants stayed.

And now we prayed that our prince would survive , we sent tendrils of our magic to him in hopes that it would bring him back to us.
What would become of us , if our future king died?
Hope......it was all we had now.