Chapter 3: The challenege

Let me set the scene for you.

It's a beautiful day , just before dusk the ceremony takes place in the centre of ancient runes. In the middle are thousands of scriptures that form the shape of the star and in the middle of the star is a blank circle in which us children stand in.

Our parents or elders are not allowed to watch or do much really since this whole thing is so sacred. So we enter on our own and once we come out the verdict is delivered on whether we are Taya, Vereda or Elementals and of course we celebrate.

So both my madan and Appa accompanied me to the ceremony.

Every child was lined up just outside the centre of the runes according to the date we were born not by class we belonged to. Though some robes were finer than others each of the robes and jewels were unique. I turned to my side to see a boy with a dark crop of ebony hair and the most unusual eyes I had ever seen they were a silvery blue.

"Mines better than yours", he said

"What?" , said I said startled

"My crown, but that's because I am the prince and you are a commoner", he said smugly

I had the urge to hit him with my shoe and then see how smug he was. Instead I gave into the childish banter.

"Am not, I will be more powerful than you after the Ceremony " I countered back

"You can't have better magic than a royal"

"We'll see about that ," I said

How this ceremony works is that the lines of the triangle light up to show how much magic you are receiving. The most lines that had ever lit up was 10 and that magic belonged to king Rayden.

King Rayden was an elemantal of earth and air. A balanced combination. He was a great king unlike his stupid son.

He stood before us now addressing his citizens telling us how the ceremony will change our lives and how proud he was of us and his son.

Then the sun shined brightly over us and we knew it was time...

Hi to all my readers! Umm I can see that this chapter isn't as popular as the others and I wonder if u guys can tell me what you don't like about it.
Thanks so much
KayilP