Ch. 9: "You won for me?"

"Its no use, just go, save yourself." I groaned as I rolled over, pulling my blanket up over my face. I heard Andre chuckle so I moved the blanket down just enough to glare at him. "I'm trying to save your life and you're laughing at me."
  "It's food poisoning Chels, its not contagious." he leaned his back against the headboard of my bed and pulled me over so my head was in his lap and began to rub my back softly. Last night we had gone to dinner with the boys on the Caps before boarding a flight home, and as soon as the plane had landed I was in a bathroom inside the airport with my head in a toilet. When I called Tom to yell at him since he picked the restaurant, I immediately felt bad because he had gotten it too.
  "Andre, as much as I'm enjoying the back massage and love you have a game in 3 hours, you need to get ready."
  "I want to stay with you but I know you'll fight me, so I'm going to kiss you and go win my game for you and then I'll be right back here as soon as the game is over so I can continue to take care of you. Sound good?" he gave me his best smile that even on my worst days made my knees weak.
  "Sounds perfect." I smiled weakly back and accepted the kiss that was given before waving goodbye to him as he walked out my bedroom door. When I heard the front door close I decided I would try and shower before the game started so I pulled myself out of my bed and walked slowly to the bathroom. As soon as I got into the bathroom my stomach cramped violently and I rushed over to the toilet. Throwing up is literally my least favorite thing to do ever. When I had finally emptied my stomach I started the shower and turned the water as hot as I could possibly stand before throwing my clothes on the floor and climbing in.
 I stayed in the shower until the water turned cold, then climbed out and wrapped myself in a towel. I didn't have the energy to get dressed so I walked to the living room in just my towel and laid on the couch. I grabbed the blanket off the back of the couch and wrapped it around myself before grabbing the remote and turning on the game. When I fell asleep they were ahead 5-1 in the 3rd so I assumed they won. I woke up to my front door closing.
  "Hey babe, I'm back." Andre lightly touched my shoulder and I opened my eyes slightly and smiled sleepily at him.
  "You won for me?" I asked my voice hoarse from sleep.
  "We did, you want me to help you to bed?" I nodded with my eyes closed. He moved the blanket and I felt him go still beside me. I opened my eyes and looked down my cheeks immediately going bright red. I had forgotten I didn't get dressed after my shower and was laying here in nothing but a towel.
  "Uh, I can walk." I muttered but he shook his head and put his arms under my knees and behind my back before lifting me up and carrying me to my room. He laid me gently on the bed and covered me up.
  "My clothes are still in your closet yeah?" he asked and I nodded. As soon as he had grabbed some clothes and walked into the bathroom I jumped up and threw on some underwear and a large tshirt I had stolen from Tom before we left and climbed back into bed. He smirked when he walked back into my room.
  "I didn't think we were to sleep naked together territory." I giggled as he climbed into bed with me and laid down.
  "You're probably right, but I wouldn't have objected." I slapped his chest lightly before laying down next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close to him. His warmth radiated through me and I sighed in contentment.
  "You make me unbelievably happy." I grabbed his hand that was underneath me and laced our fingers together.
  "I could say the same about you." he kissed the back of my head and then my shoulder. I rolled over so I was facing him and put my hand on his cheek and pulled him to me so I could kiss him. I pulled away after a few seconds and placed a soft kiss on his jaw line.
  "Don't do that." he groaned and I looked up at him and smirked.
  "So the jaw? That's a turnon eh? I'll have to keep that in mind." I giggled before burrying my face in his chest.
  "Mean." he grumbled and I laughed into his chest. He pulled me impossibly closer and I laid there listening to his heart beat. When it began to slow along with his breathing I knew he was asleep. I planted a kiss in the middle of his chest before closing my eyes and falling asleep too, feeling safer than I ever had. 

I know its short but its like 1230 in the morning and I just wanted to get something out since it had been a couple days. hope you enjoy there will be a longer chapter possibly later today :)