Chapter 13

Sherlock and John walked home, in the middle of a downpour, completely content. They dried off, sat down to a movie, cozied up under the blanket. But this time neither had to hide their feelings for each other. Sherlock had his arm draped around John's shoulders while he had his head tucked into Sherlock's shoulder. Neither of the men had ever been happier, holding each other, and criticizing the cheesiness of the film and laughing.

The next day, they were comfortably slumped together on the couch, fast asleep, when a small series of knocks came at the door. John's eyes fluttered open and he wobbled over to the door. He hesitantly opened it, only to find a frightened Mrs. Hudson, positively shaking at their doorstep.

" Oh John... I...I'm sorry but you had to... I had to...here."

Mrs. Hudson softly placed a rolled up newspaper in John's hands and scurried away and down the stairs.

John's brows furrowed as he opened the newspaper.

John's face went from confusion to shock in under 3 seconds.

" Oh my god."

He dropped the newspaper and speed walked to his room, slamming the door behind him. He sat on his bed and put his face in his hands. He was by no means ready for this.

Sherlock stood up abruptly. He walked over to the newspaper and stared at the headline.

Sherlock Holmes Asexual? More Like Homosexual!

Underneath the bold print headline was a photo of Sherlock and John kissing passionately in the rain. They took this special moment and advertised it across London. Some creep must have followed them.

He understood why John was so upset. Unlike Sherlock, he cared deeply about his public image.

Sherlock walked over to his room and opened the door softly.

John was sitting motionless on the bed, his head in his hands. Sherlock immediately ran over to John and wrapped his arms around him and pulled him close.

" Sherlock... I... that was supposed to be special..."

" It is. Don't let them change your memory of the event."

" Now everyone knows and..."

" John."

" I'm going to get weird looks and.."

" John."

Sherlock waited until John took his head out of his hands and directly faced him. Sherlock grabbed a hold of John's chin.

" I know who is responsible for this, and I will get our revenge."

John grew angry and stood up.

" WHO DID THIS?! WHO?!"

Sherlock stood up as well.

" Who would be able to get such a high def picture? Who would be able to follow me without knowing? Who would be able to contact the Newspaper fast enough to put this through as a headline story? Who is currently holding a grudge against the both of us?"

John grew pale with fury.

" MYYCCRROOFFTT!"

" He was angry that we showed him up about our relationship so he decided to fight dirty and scandalously reveal it to all of London."

" That piece of SHITE!"

" We must show him that we refuse to be treated this way."

" How?"

"Oh, don't you worry. I have a plan..."