Chapter 6

My breath caught in my throat as I felt a train like sense of strength tackle me from behind, knocking me, face first, into the forest floor. I bounced up and went back down, smacking the side of my head against a tree root sticking out of the ground. I moaned in pain and lifted my head up, my vision a little blurry. Nothing but trees and bushes stood in front of me. Taking caution, I slowly tried to lift myself up with my arms only to be pushed back down. A low growl from above me caused the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and my heart to break into a beating frenzy. My finger tips went numb and I didn't dare to peer over my shoulder, knowing that the large beast was what was keeping me down.

Large beast? No. Large wolf. But, the wolf was Kevin. Kevin. Kevin's a wolf. A guy who I've only known for a day or two? No... longer? I don't even know what day it is! I'm trapped. I'm lost. I'm scared. I miss my mom. I miss Heather. I miss my room. I miss my school. And I've just noticed that I'm hungry and thirsty. Could my life get any worse? Suddenly, a more excruciating pain was pushed upon my back, causing me to scream out. This was it. This was how I was going to die. By a large human-wolf thing. I was going to be crushed to death. 

So this is how God wanted my ending to go? Why not just put me in hell already if he doesn't like me?! A sickening crack echoed around me and my body went limp. Oh god. Oh lord. What the hell just happened?! I tried to move but I couldn't. Yes, this was definately the end. I squeezed my eyes tightly shut and thought of my mom, Heather, my family and friends and sent them a message through thought telling them that I loved them and I just hoped that they would get it. 

A burning sensation spread throughout my body and I screamed. I screamed as loud as I could. Bloody murder. The pain grew stronger and stronger and I kept on screaming, as if I didn't need air to breath and that's when my eyes snapped open and all the pain disappeared at the same time, as if it had never happened.

I gasped, trying to get air into my lungs as my fuzzy vision focused on where I was. I was in my room, in my bed. The forest? Gone. The wolf that was Kevin? Gone. Everything gone. I was back in my room. My room was dark and the stars that were viewable from my window told me that it was night time. Turning my head, I looked over to my alarm clock: 2:48 AM.

A dream. It was all just a dream. Thank God. 

"Honey! What's wrong?!" My mother burst through my bedroom door, the wooden baseball bat that she kept by her nightstand was in her hands, and by the look on her face, she was ready to hit anyone to get that home-run. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what she was so worked up about.

"You were screaming, Fay." She said, lowering the bat to her side realizing I was in no danger, "Just a bad dream, perhaps?"

I nodded slowly, still a little shaken up from my dream. Scratch that: nightmare. But, I masked my shock and fear with a smooth facial expression that I had been practicing for years so no one could read my emotion. My mother shrugged, sighing as she walked over to the side of my bed, leaned over, and kissed my forehead.

"Well, try to keep positive thoughts in your head. It'll make the nightmares go away. Go back to sleep." She then spun on her heels and walked out of my room, shutting the door behind her. I stared at the door for a long time, not sure how to make of what just happened. Now I tried remembering what had happened before my dream.... How did I get into bed? When did I go to bed? How come I didn't remember? 

I tried digging deep, rummaging through all my memories, looking for the memory of how I got into bed, but that spot was blank. Completely blank. Biting my lip, I flipped the covers off of me and got out of bed. Even my clothes were still on me. What the hell? I've never gone to bed with my clothes on. NEVER. Not once in my lifetime. This was strange, very strange. So unlike me.

My feet carried me into the bathroom. I felt kind of lightheaded and my throat was a little soar. Water. Maybe I was just dehydrated and needed some water. I turned on the faucet and cupped my hands together, containing the water into one place. I brought my hands up to my mouth a began to drink, my eyes darting around the room, observing every inch of it. I swear, I was becoming paranoid. But for what reason exactly? My eyes stopped completely when I focused on the mirror. My reflection. I finished drinking the water and whipped my hands on a hand towel on the towel rack next to the sink. My eyes never left my reflection.

I stood there, studying my face for a long time. Something wasn't right. I wasn't sure what but something was just not right. My eyes weren't bloodshot, my lips weren't purple, I didn't see any scratches or br- Oh gosh. My eyes widened. My left temple. There was a faint yellow and purple tinted area forming on my left temple. A bruise. But from what? I thought back to my nightmare. My nightmare.

My nightmare! I hit my head on a root in my nightmare! But how was this possible if I actually didn't- Oh. My headboard. I could've hit the side of my head against my headobard in my sleep. If I had screamed and woke my mother up, then I probably moved in my sleep too. My body relaxed as I gave a sigh of relief. It was only a nightmare. Nothing about it had happened and if I thought it did, then I was just being silly. I mean, I'm a senior now, even I should know that Kevin becoming a wolf was humanly impossible. There was no way it could happen. Not in a million years.

Yawning, I walked back to my bed and got underneath the covers, accepting their warmth that wrapped around me and caused me to become even more relaxed. This is just what I needed. I was just stressing about... my senior year. Yeah, that's it. Yesterday was my first day as a senior and I'm probably just nervous, is all. That would explain a whole lot.

But, as my body prepared to fall asleep again, I couldn't help but think of two questions that would be imprinted into the back of my mind for the next few days: What if it's not just a nightmare? What if it means something? I closed my eyes and let slumber take hold of me, falling into darkness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiya guys! Oh my... it's been a month since I updated?!

My bad... my gosh.... I'm sorry that I kept you all waiting so long! 

But, I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll get the 7th chapter out to ya'll as soon as I can!

Please comment and tell me what you think! Orororor... tell me what you want to happen next?

Even better! :{D

Love you guys!

Until next chapter!

~Tia