Ember of Love 1

"Dad?!" Oh my gosh. Where is my other shoe. I know it's not under the couch and I checked every where else...

"Emerson it's under the couch.  It will still be under the couch the next time you look under the table." I looked up to my father. He was leaning on the door jam and drinking his coffee. I turned to look under the couch and sure enough there is my blue converse. I huffed before glaring at my dad.

"You shouldn't drink so much coffee. It's making you seem like the guy on NCIS." I got off the floor and shoved the shoe on my foot.

"I'll take that as a compliment," I gave him a glare and he chuckled. "You better hurry, or your going to be late." I looked at my watch and hurried around finding all my school stuff. Uhg, I haven't even ate. I grabbed a banana and rushed out the door.

When I finally got to the school, I parked in one of the many empty spots. I hope I'm not that late it's all the stupid shoes fault. I pushed open the front door and rushed down the hall to Mrs. Waine's room. As soon as I reached the door I heard a scream... Poppy. I laughed and opened the door. Four pairs of eyes fell on me before the room erupted in laughter and giggles. Little Lily was the first to run to me and I lifted her into my arms. Next, came Poppy then Rose.

Mrs. Waine has triplet girls, they are only a year old. I come to school early every morning and watch them until the babysitter comes and gets them. It gives Mrs. Waine time to set up for school and go to meetings. But, mostly it gives me time to spend time with the girls. They are like my little sisters and enjoy the time I spend with them.

Mrs. Waine's husband ran out on her when she found out she was pregnant and she raises the girls all by her self. I met Mrs. Waine because she stopped some girls that were trying to jump me. I ended up with a busted lip and she took me to her house to talk about it. That's where I met her little girls and we became best friends. She is like the mother I never had.

I put Lilly on one hip and grabbed Poppy's hand to walk to their toy area. Rose followed and went back to playing with Poppy. I still had Lilly in my arms and I kissed her nose. She smiled then laid her head on my shoulder. I looked up to Mrs. Waine who was smiling.

"You were late." Crap I forgot about that.

"Yah, I know but it was my stupid shoes fault I couldn't find it for like twenty minutes. I'm sorry." I bounced Lilly lightly and tried to switch her to a different position without waking her up.

"It's ok, I'm kidding. The meeting got pushed back another thirty minutes. Which means I need to go now. Good luck dear." She gave me a side hug before leaving. I sat down with Rose and Poppy and held Lilly while she slept.

Poppy climbed into my lap and laid her head back eventually falling asleep. Not long after Rose laid her head on my leg and also fell asleep. Leaning my head back on to the wall I took a nap with them.

*Authors note*

Hello readers! I understand this chapter kind of sucked but I was just trying to introduce most of the important characters. I promise it will get better. Also to the side is a picture of the triplets.

Left to right- Rose, Lily, Poppy.