What's Stopping Her From Doing So Now?

Jailyn~

"She meant nothing to me," Nick says as he takes the stand, "I never once laid a hand on her. I genuinely have no idea why she's still stuck on me when we broke up almost eight years ago. Jailyn seems like she's got everything anyone would want. It's absolutely insane to me that she's still continuing to drive this narrative that I'm someone I'm not. I know I made some mistakes with her. She's been doing this since we broke up." I can't help but shake my head a little as he sits on the stand under oath lying to everyone here.

Michael nods before asking, "So did you or did you not force yourself on her when she had mono?" 

"I'm sorry that she thinks that I did, however, I'd never take advantage of anyone like that." I scoff as he says it rolling my eyes. Fucking lying through his teeth. "I don't remember her ever telling me, no, and if she did I would've stopped." 

"How often would you say the two of you would fight?" 

Nick shakes his head a little, "It was more bickering than anything and never physical. We'd both threaten to break up with each other all the time and one of us would say something toxic that the other would jump on to get back together with each other." 

"Did you ever physically restrain her from leaving?" Michael asks.

"I might have stopped her so we could talk things out, but I never physically restrained her no. If she'd have wanted to leave she was able to," Nick responds, he's got a small smile on his face. The cockiness is honestly disgusting just how it radiates off of him. He thinks he's untouchable. "She's lied to the public before what's stopping her from doing it now?" 

Pushing my tongue to my cheek keeping my mouth shut as this dude continues to try and pull my name through the dirt. "Nick, do you recall ever threatening to harm yourself at any point when she was trying to leave you?" 

"No sir, that's something you don't joke about." I can't contain my eye roll, he didn't even joke about it. He was trying to convince me he would. 

"Why do you believe Jailyn would be standing trial here today if that didn't happen?" 

Nick shakes his head and glances in my direction, for the first time we make eye contact as he says, "I couldn't tell you. She's been obsessed with me since we'd met. Maybe she thinks that now that I'm being accused of killing my girlfriend she'll be able to get people to believe her. I genuinely don't know why she's still stuck on a relationship eight years almost later while she's married even at that." 

"Is there anything else you'd like to say here, Nick?" 

Nick nods, "I guess I just want to apologize, I know that I wasn't always perfect in our relationship but neither was she. I made mistakes and I regret them and I've learned from them. I was nineteen years old at the time, I didn't really have anything figured out. So all I'd really like to say I guess is that I'm sorry that you feel that I did all of those things even though I never did." The corners of his mouth twitch up slightly before he catches himself. This fucking kid. Shaking my head I glance up at Christian who looks visibly pissed off.

"No further questions your honor," Michael says walking back to his table seemingly satisfied with Nick's responses. Jessica stands up as she's directed and makes her way up to the stand to begin her cross-examination.

"Mr.Kelley, you're aware that it is a crime to lie under oath correct?" Jessica asks immediately. I love that woman. Nick furrows his eyebrows a second before nodding. "Are you aware that we have evidence of you on more than one occasion either threatening to commit suicide or implying that's what you would do should Jailyn have broken up with you? There are multiple occasions documented in text," Jessica says heading back towards her stuff and pulling out some papers shifting through them before pulling several sheets out. "Because I have those right here." Jessica hands the documents to him to look at. He looks at them a moment before handing them back so she can present it to the jury. "If it were only one instance, I may have given you the benefit of the doubt that you'd just forgotten about it. However, it's more than one instance on multiple days. Almost seems like that was your go-to when Jailyn was about to break up with you."