Chapter 5

"You like Danny," I teased, a joking smile creeping onto my face.

"Shutup," Lexi scowls. I pretend to be taken aback and put my hand to my heart in a hurtful gesture. Lexi and I both start laughing, but the mood quickly turns serious. 

"Why don't you like Danny?" Lexi asks me. 

"Who says I don't like him?" I counter.

"Well, nobody, really. But the whole band thinks so..." she trails. 

"Maybe that's why Cam, James, and Sam seem to hate me now. I'll bet Danny told them the whole story between me and him."

"I'll take that bet," she laughed. "But, seriously, why don't you like him?"

"It's not that I don't like him; he's nice. I just don't trust him."

"But why don't you trust him?"

"I...I don't know," I admit. 

"It's not because of the type of music he sings is it?"

"No, no. I just...I have a feeling he's not being completely honest. But it could just be a misjudgement."

"I'm sure it is," Lexi says simply. "Danny's a good guy."

"Then who am I to judge?" I laugh. By now, we've arrived at the park. It's fairly small, and no one is really there. We sit down at a couple of swings and continue our little chat. 

"Don't get hurt, alright," I command of my friend. She just shakes her head and smirks.

"How's Cody?" she asks, completely changing the subject. 

"Fine."

"Fine? Just fine?"

"I haven't talked to him much since we've been here," I realized, saying my thoughts out loud. 

"You haven't talked to anybody much," Lexi says. I agree with her and ask her about her brother. 

"How's Ben?" I say.

"Why are you so interested?" she teases, winking.

"No reason. He just seems like a nice guy and all..." I trail. 

"Sure, that's why," Lexi laughs. Honestly, I didn't know what to say. Ben is a good looking guy. But I don't like him like that. He could never replace Cody, right?

Well, lovlies....that was short. But I love all our readers and sorry I've updated less than Lexi, because my writing is obviously better. ;) Lol, kidding. Hope you enjoyed it! -Katie