Chapter 8: Flushed

RECAP: Nothing could ruin her excitement. Not even Rohan Nanda.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8: 

Anya headed into the studio, following an irritated-looking Rohan, much ot her chagrin. This could be fun, she thought to herself. He obviously didn't like Karan and Karan didn't seem to be that big of a Rohan fan either. Hmm..must be some rivalry or some previous tension over a girl, considering Rohan's reputation, that wouldn't come as much of a surprise.

She liked this angry, brooding side of her nemesis, namely because he kept his mouth shut more. Just before she could begin to daydream about Karan again, Rohan interrupted her.

"If you're done fawning over what's-his-face let's get on with what we're here for," he said. 

Anya couldn't help herself. She would rub this in his face--no, SMEAR his face with it. 

Smirking, she replied, "I smell something burning. You're seething in anger. You don't have to be jealous."

"Why should I be jealous?" Rohan scoffed. 

"Don't worry, Rohan. One day a hot man like Karan will hit on you too. You don't have to feel insecure or ashamed. These feelings are but natural," she said, quite satisfied with her comeback. (She would write this in her diary later.)

Rohan's face flushed with anger. Anya needed to be taught a lesson. No one talked to him like that. And how dare she? He had been with more woment than he could count on all fingers, toes included. 

He inched close to her. It was just the two of them, in that moment, in the studio. He edged forward and noticed Anya gulp. Soon he had her in the corner, nowhere to run. He noticed the scent of her hair, the way she smelled faintly of laundry detergent, a welcome change from the women who he normally rendezvoused with who smelled like makeup and bathed in expensive perfumes. Her eyes widened as he got closer, close enough that there was only an inch between their faces. Her face flushed too, but not out of anger like Rohan's had. their eyes met. 

What had she done to Rohan? He hadn't even felt like this when it came to Shanaya. Lost in the moment, Rohan decided he'd go for it. Professionalism be gone. He had to show Anya who had the upper hand. It would be him. He leaned into her lips almost brushing hers. 

Anya's heart raced. What was happening to her? This was Rohan Nanda, the man she was so disgusted by she couldn't think straight. Sure he was relatively attractive if you were into the sort of guy who might have STD's, but as he leaned closer she couldn't help but close her eyes. 

He moved his face over to the left side of her face, nose grazing her cheek, then moved toward her hear as her eyes remained shut, lips parted slightly. He whispered into her ear, "You're attracted to me. It's obvious giving the color in your cheeks, the increased rhythm of your heart, the nervousness you're showing. Don't worry, Anya. These feelings are but natural." 

Rohan: 1. Anya: 0.

--------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Depending on the feedback I get on this chapter, I'll either continue with this fanfiction or drop it. Please let me know what you think so far. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Thank you all for the support.