XI

The hyperlift doors opened and I gasped as I saw the throne from my vision, the man in golden robes sitting before me as if he wasn't the most intimidating person I'd ever seen. Hux exited the hyperlift and I cautiously followed after him.

"Supreme leader, is this the girl you were requesting?" Hux asked proudly as he stared into the man's eyes with no fear.

I stared at Snoke's decrepit face as his eyes locked into mine, a devious smile crept across his face as he waved his hand for Hux to leave. "Well done General, you're dismissed" Snoke said happily, Hux smiled and marched away from Snoke and back toward the hyperlift, entering the machine and quickly disappearing form my sight.

My eyes slowly made their way back to Snoke's as he leaned to the side in his throne, "come forward child" he instructed, I swallowed a clump in my throat and slowly walked toward him. Seeing him in person made everything so much more terrifying, although he seemed trustworthy by his understanding of me, he also felt...deceptive.

"Rey, you have made the right decision to come to us...to me. You will know the power of the dark side through my training" Snoke said happily, I stared at him wide eyes as I folded my trembling hands behind me and stared at the floor.

"Am I...am I your apprentice?" I asked fearfully, almost wishing to hear an answer I knew I wouldn't receive. Snoke chuckled and nodded his head. "Yes my dear, you have so much potential within you...yes...I can feel the power flowing through your veins. You were born to rule under my teachings" Snoke said happily, I furrowed my brow and looked up at Snoke, his eyes were beaming with hunger for whatever I had.

I stared down at the floor and felt this emptiness inside only linger in its darkness, I thought this would go away.

"Can you tell me of my past...my lord" I said awkwardly, Snoke just cackled softly and nodded his head. "I know everything about you, the moment Skywalker exposed you to the force, you were a beacon of dark power I knew I could shape into the next dark lord" he said happily, I furrowed my brow and continued to stare at the sleek, black floor.

"Rey of Jakku, you have something every master would crave for their student. Raw, untamed power that is delicious" he croaked, I furrowed my brow and brought my hands to the side of my body.

"What power?" I asked.

Snoke chuckled and pointed toward my body, "you're more than what Skywalker could've ever sensed, Skywalker is a fool, his legacy has blinded him to the dark side of the force and he missed the blossoming opportunity that you are" Snoke said proudly, he waved his hand and pointed right in front of his throne. "Come my apprentice" he instructed, I tensed up my body and slowly walked toward Snoke, my heart thudding against my chest.

I walked right up to him and stood there warily, afraid of what was to come. Snoke simply reached his hand up and placed his coarse, aged fingers against my temple. I froze in fear as suddenly images swept across my mind.

Flashes of light and a feeling of intensity ill-security. These images were so fast I had no idea how to decode them before I heard an echoing, maniacal cackle that shook my very bones.

Then I was brought back to reality.

I stumbled away from Snoke in horrific shock as he stared down at me with unsympathetic eyes. "Stand up" he spit, I glanced up at him with fearful eyes but quickly pushed myself to my feet.

"Who was that?" I asked, Snoke just stared at me and heaved in a breath.

"You're past is useless Rey, what lies ahead is your legacy. You want to know what you're power is? Listen well girl, your power is not just yours. It is passed down from one of the strongest Sith known to exist. Your grandfather was the Emperor...Emperor Palpatine" Snoke said proudly, I stared in shock and felt all the sound within the room disappear.

I'm not nobody?

I looked up at Snoke and balled my fists, "how do I know you aren't a liar?" I asked angrily, he just chuckled at me like I was pathetic and placed his hand under his jaw.

"You are no one without the power of the emperor, if not for your legacy...than how do you have such power?" He asked, I pondered on the question with complete disbelief.

"What is my place in all this?" I asked, Snoke smirked and motioned toward my body. "When the times comes, you will rise to become the new empress of the galaxy. But you are far from ready young one, but I sense potential in you...for you have already killed a Jedi" he said softly, toxic pride sneaking into his tone.

"The lightning?" I asked, he shook his head and smirked toward me.

"Vai Hajerah" he said slyly, I choked on my breath as he said her name, he can't say her name. He tarnished her very soul when his disgusting mouth says her beautiful name. "Because of the blood on your ledger, you shall lead the knights of ren, you will serve me as your master and you will ever have to face the troubles of the Jedi again" he explained.

"How?" I asked, he smiled devilishly and stared at me with criminal eyes.

"You, Rey Palpatine, are the Jedi killer. From now on, the knights of Ren will follow you, the first order will obey your commands and you will obey me" he decreed, I furrowed my brow and almost felt excited by this new paper within me.

"You will no longer be called Rey, from now on, you are Velle Ren. The last true Palpatine, the granddaughter of the one true emperor, commander of the knights of Ren and the first order. Worthy apprentice to me and the empress of darkness" he named, I felt a surge of acceptance within my body. "Embrace the darkness Ren, let the darkness guide you to your true power!" Snoke decreed.

I felt my lips curl into a smirk. "Yes master" I said softly, but the tone of my voice was louder than anything I'd ever said my whole life.