Chapter 29

A plethora of students started to flood the hall for our last class today with Mr Andre which I was the only person who was assigned to present today. At the corner of my eyes, I could see that Barbara and Gabriel were taking their seats behind me but I neglected them.

"Here's your bread and mineral water," Eleanor took a seat beside and handed me the bread and a bottle of water.

"Thanks," I smiled and I put them into my bag.

"Hey, Katie! How much money you want for me to sleep with you?" One boy in a group that sat behind me, called out on me.

"Shut the fuck up!" Eleanor yelled. "Just ignore them, they're all manwhore," she shrugged and quenched her thirst by drinking a bottle of milk. "What the f-" Eleanor gasped, as she was seeing a ghost.

"What?" I asked, looking at her facial expression.

"What the hell is Chris doing here?" Her eyes followed the steps that Chris took before sitting just a few lines behind us. I closed my eyes, couldn't believe that I would see his figure again.

"Katherine Winter," Mr Andre called out my name after he took a seat at his table. "Katherine Winter?" He called again after I wasn't answering.

"Yes, Mr Andre," I answered, shocked by his call.

"Your turn," he smiled. I stood up after I nodded and went straight to the stage, bringing my laptop along.

I set up my laptop and the screen to show the slides I had prepared for this theme.

"Hi everyone, I am Katherine," I waved at all of them.

"Uhm uhm... slut... uhm uhm," someone coughed in a whisper tone but so loud for the whole class to hear.

"I don't allow students who used foul language in my class. If I caught who it is, I might fail him or her," Mr Andre yelled but his head was still facing me. "Continue," he demanded.

"I'm Katherine Miller. I choose to go with Medusa for the enlightenment of struggle." All eyes were on me as I started speaking. "As far as we know, Medusa was a fair and beautiful maiden who was cursed or blessed by the goddess Athen. She respected Athen as the goddess and because of that, Medusa remained pure. Hence, she became the priest of Athena temple. All of us know that Medusa was so beautiful that an abundance of people would visit Anthena's temple just for a glance at Medusa."

"Mrs Miller, I am not here to hear your narration on the Greek myth," Mr Andre cut me off and everybody laughed.

"Sorry, Mr Andre." I apologised. "The reality that we aren't ready to discuss is actually Medusa was raped thus Athen cursed her with venomous snake hair. Medusa has always been seen as the monster who turned people into stone every time they looked into her eyes albeit she was the victim," I caught Chris's eyes out of sudden and I immediately pulled away from him. "She was raped but she was deemed as the monster. In this era of postmodernism, how many women are suffering from rape and violence? It is countless and the numbers have progressively increased day by day. Do you know how much women struggle to live their life after each of traumatic incident? They struggle to fight for their right against the predators. They struggle to fight for their rapist's children and be a single mother without their willings. Not to mention, that they are struggling with people's stigma against them. They struggle for something that they don't even initiate!" I didn't know why I felt emotional during the speech. "Nevertheless, they always get blamed! What do you wear when you got raped? Are you alone? The victim has to answer all the unwanted questions!" I continued.

I showed them a few slides of news regarding the rape and abuse cases that occurred these days. Moreover, I even explained about all the struggles that the victims encountered after the incident. The gory and traumatised experiences they have gone through.