Trouble

The next morning Lan Xichen woke up and started tending to the fire. It was the fourth day of the spell and he was both sad and happy that, his baby brother will grow up again in three days.

He loved this second chance at taking care of him and more than that, he could see how Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng are seeing his brother's true side.

He knew Wangji needed friends, who would stand by his side for him, not because he belongs to Lan Sect. He knew there was something special between Wei Wuxian and Wangji, he just hoped Wangji would act on it, instead of just hiding it.

Xichen determined that if his brother does not do anything, then he will try to make them realize their love and he would get them together.

But all these were in the future. He at the moment wanted his brother to have a happy time during this second chance at childhood.

After sometime Jiang Cheng woke up and he kicked Wei Ying to wake him up too. Wei Ying jerked awake and looked around to assess any threat, but he saw, it was just his brother who had a smirk.

Wei Ying punched his arm. Xichen shook his head seeing their antics. Wei Ying asked Jiang Cheng, "You returned late last night, did you not find the parents?"

"No, as the whole place was covered in snow, we couldn't find the path immediately. We had to go slowly. The parents were also searching, but they couldn't do much.

They were very relieved and thanked profusely. The children were very happy and said they would miss our Lan Zhan and Zhen." Jiang Cheng told both of them.

They smiled and looked towards the bed, where Lan Zhan and Zhen were sleeping. Lan Zhan was hugging the kitten and they couldn't see his face which was smashed into Zhen's back.

Both of them were deeply asleep.
After sometime, they were about to finish the morning chores, but Lan Zhan had still not gotten up.

" Looks like yesterday's activities tired him out. Should we wait for some more time to wake him up?" Wei Ying asked Lan Xichen. He didn't know whether his friend needed rest or food right now.

Xichen answered, "He needs to eat. He can sleep even after eating. Wei Ying, can you wake him up?"

Wei Ying, who never left a chance to be near Lan Zhan, nodded and got up to wake his friend.

He sat on the bed and kept his hand on his shoulder and slowly shook him awake. "Lan Zhan, it's time to wake up. Come on delicious food is waiting."

But to his shock, Lan Zhan didn't respond. He continued to sleep. Lan Zhan had never done that. In fact he had always woken up without anyone waking him.

So he turned him on his back and went to pat his cheek. But when he touched his face, he could feel his temperature was very high.

His face was flushed and he was breathing through his mouth. Wei Ying became extremely worried and he called out to Xichen and Jiang Cheng,

"Oh no, Brother Lan, Jiang Cheng, come here. Lan Zhan is not well. Please come here soon."

Hearing his frantic call, they went to the bed. Xichen lifted Lan Zhan and held him close. He tried to wake him,

 He tried to wake him,