15. Separate

Brian's POV

She couldn't say a word. She just stood silent in front of me. It pained me, but she had to know the truth, her truth, her reality

"You're right.." She suddenly said.

"You're right, my biggest weakness, was having a heart. But what do you plan by knowing this. Kill me too?"

"Of course not. But i wanted you to know that we don't necessarily live in different worlds. We both kill for a reason. We both belong in the criminal world. We are humans with stained blood on our hands. I want you to accept that, that normal college life you dream of, won't come true no matter how much you tried."  

"Garcia, what do you mean by all this."

"Come with me. I'll let you experience the joy of the criminal life. Don't stick with just killing me, i'll show you the fun. You don't kill for the good, you kill for the pain and revenge deep in your heart. Killing is your salvation. "

"You're sick Garcia. There's no way I'll join you."

"You say that, but you are actually interested. You want to know right? What it is like to kill for no particular reason." 

"Stop it. I don't. From now on, don't talk to me. We don't belong in the same world. From now on, we're strangers. " She said with hurt in her voice.

"Love.." 

"You're sick Garcia." She stared at me and left the room quickly before i could say anything else. 

As soon as she left, i clenched my fist and punched the locker beside me. It shook and a loud echo accompanied it. 

"Fuck." 

What have i done now. 

Carmen's POV

Like i thought, he doesn't belong in my world. I have made that clear. Now i can go back to my life. He's no longer part of it.  

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

And he really didn't after. 

We never spoke again. Anytime we would see each other, we pretended not to. We never looked at each other again.

And gradually, we became used to not being in each other's life. 

Brian had gotten himself a girlfriend, and to be honest, I feel bad for her. Well, not like they're gonna last long.

I bet uncle's men were unsuccessful in killing him as well. Brian has been coming to school alive and well every day. 

And for as I, I have stopped my assassination "career" for the time being and carried on acing my classes for college. 

But after a year, he's gonna be free. Free from the government. I wonder what will happen then. 

Well, it's not my problem. Not anymore that is. 

"Oh my god! Carmen! They have the latest clothes from Gujji out today! We gotta check it out!"

"Yea yea, sure." I laughed.

For now, I'm going to live me life as a happy college girl. Free from the blood of murder. 

Brian's POV

God she's so annoying. Why did i even agree to date her?

Talia, my so called "girlfriend" is really a pain in the ass. For an hour now, she has been talking non stop about her what? Gujji makeup? And how nice and expensive it is. 

God she's also like a gold digger. Always "babyyyy" here "babeee" there. She's always asking for money for more makeup. And even a stain on her expensive dress could make her cry like a baby needing milk. Every time showing me off to her friends and talking how she's the most popular guy's girlfriend and the popularity she has. 

And she would whine and fake cry everytime i would say no to giving her what she wants. She's more annoying than Amelia!

"And so- baby, are you listening?" She distracted me from my thoughts. 

"No?"

"Baby! How could you! You're supposed to give me attention!"

"I already am by sitting here with you."

"Why are you so mean! If you don't change your attitude, let's just break up." She scoffed. 

"Fine by me." I got up to leave but she stopped me quickly.

"Ah i was just joking baby. I'm sorry."

"No you're right. You deserve someone who could give you gold. And i'm not the right person. Let's break up." I forcefully removed her disgusting hand, who's long ass nails was digging into my skin.

She started crying and yelling my name, calling me a jerk, a cheater. Ah there were more but i wasn't paying attention anymore. 

Santini, I wonder what you're doing right now..

Carmen's POV

After another shopping spree, i can finally let my feet relax on the bench while Kiara went to grab us some coffee.

"Here ya go you lazy ass." Kiara handed me my coffee.

"Lazy? You should be grateful I even kept up your speed while you raided the entire mall for 5 hours straight. "

"Haha ok ok, I'm sorry." She giggled. 

"But if that what makes you happy, its fine." I sipped my coffee in pure delight. 

"Thanks girl! Huh but it has been quite a while since we've talked about my brother."

"He's a piece of trash."

"Wow that's harsh. I just wondered he really has mixed in our school really well lately. I mean, dating the Talia? The queen hoe of the school? I bet Amelia would be a better choice." She joked. 

"Well who he dates doesn't concern me so."

"Yea, he only has a year staying here. Then he's gotta leave Mexico.." Kiara sighed. 

"What? Leave Mexico? Why?" 

"He's a top criminal. And by him staying here with cause unknown fear. Hence after his sentence is over, he will no longer be allowed in Mexico unless he has agreed to help the Mexican Army and join them. And knowing him, he'll probably say no and just leave Mexico."

"Will you be joining him?"

"Hm, i think so. After i finish college here."

"Do you know where will he go?"

"Mm, i think he mentioned once he would go to America?"

"America?!"

"Why do you sound so surprised?" She questioned. 

America is where uncle's second base is.. Is he really going to attack uncle's entire gang?