Chapter 23

-Theo-

I walk up to the security guard as soon as I get to Grey's office. ''Hello, I'd like to see Leonard Grey.''

''I'm sorry sir bur Mr Grey won't be seeing anyone today,'' he politely replies.

''And why is that?'' I inquire. 

''I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to say so sir,'' he replies again.

''That's unfortunate. However, I do need to see him so would you be kind and inform him of my arrival?'' I tell him.

''But sir....'' the guard says. 

''Please, I insist,'' I give him a small nod.

''Okay umm...let me see what I can do.'' He then picks the receiver and calls Grey. ''Sir, I know you asked us not to disturb you but there is a gentleman here who insists on seeing you. Yes, sir.... just a minute sir. Excuse me? I didn't catch your name?''

''Argent. Theo Argent.''

''Okay thank you. Sir, yes, he says his name is Theo Argent,'' The guard states. ''Okay sir, sure sir.'' He then puts the receiver down and ushers me towards the elevator. ''This will take you to the private floor at the top.''

As soon as I get to the top floor, I pick a faint scent of wildflowers and passion fruit. ''Why was she here?'' I wonder out aloud to myself. I'm met with the secretary who then leads me to Leo's office. 

''Be warned he is in a mood,'' she whispers softly before flashing me a flirty smile and placing her hand on my forearm.

''I'll take my chances,'' I reply while pushing her hand off my arm then walking towards the large grey office. Wow, the guy sure does take his name seriously.

''I was wondering when you'd stop by,'' Leo speaks up from his chair while twirling a paper weight in his hand.

''You know it makes me uncomfortable that you think about me,'' I reply as I sit on the visitor chair opposite his.

He chuckles at this and sits up, ''What, did you both plan to visit me on the same day during one of your pillow talks?'' he asks looking at me slyly, clearly trying to rile me up.

''Sadly you don't qualify to be part of our pillow talks, it's a big turn off you know,'' I smirk in response and watch the smile fall off his face.

''I assume you're here for a reason?'' he changes the course of  the conversation.

''Yes actually, I thought it was high time you and I had a talk.''

'Aand by that you mean Athena right?'' he tilts his head in question. 

''Among other things,'' I fold my hands in front of me and lean back on the chair. ''I for one, would like you to stop doing business with her. Stop manufacturing her clothes, break the contract,'' I tell him in a serious voice.

He laughs out loud at this and thumps the table. ''You're joking right?''

''Does it look like I am?'' I look him straight in the eye, showing no emotion whatsoever.

''Ohh. You're serious. Look, you and I both know that's never going to happen. Why do you think I would hurt Athena like that?'' he questions.

''Well, you surely didn't think you were hurting her when you broke up with her a few days ago. So this should be a piece of cake for you,'' I retort.

He looks at me tongue tied, knowing that I played him well there. 

Theo -1, Leo- 0.

''Let's say for argument's sake I do break the contract, she is the one who will pay a heavy penalty you know, not me. The price for breaking that contract is too high.''