#14 Snow White

Beauty Queen – those words epitome my mother.

Upon remembering my childhood days.. People would always woo over me saying, "You are so pretty and charming, Kristabelle. You are going to grow up as beautiful or maybe even more beautiful than your mother. You are going to join and win beauty pageants, as well."

Mother may not say it directly in words nonetheless I could always feel her pressuring me the need to be pretty. Ever since.. She makes me drink 'Magic Milk' that is good for my skin, hair, body and would totally make me look perfect!

Years went by, the compliments were replaced with insults. No matter how much milk I drink every day, I could not escape this judgemental and aesthetically driven world.

As I look at myself in the mirror.. I could not even recognize the pretty and charming girl I was as a child..

"Why is my skin so dry and scaly! Why is my hair thin and falling-out!" I sat down the chair for my knees is being jelly that it cannot withstand my weight anymore. I broke down and burst out in tears. "Worst, I'm hideously fat weighing over 500 pounds!"

The woman who gave me birth walked from behind and hugged me tightly. I can imagine her pain because her child is in pain. I'm so blessed to have such a loving mom. Both beautiful inside and out. I sobbed at her. "I just want to be a beauty queen like you, mom.."

Mother caressed my face as she hands me another glass of milk. Her voice and smile are sweet yet eerie.

"Oh pumpkin, Kristabelle.. For me.. You are the fairest of them all!"