Shocking Realization

I'm finally updating! Hopefully you guys like it!
Besides that, I decided that I will take mortal AU requests bc I have one in mind. But this is not a Mortal AU, they are demigods.
Enjoy!

Sitting on her bed, an open textbook layed out in front of her, tapping a pencil against her lower lip, Annabeth attempted to study for her history test. Key word: attempted. Her dyslexia wasn't letting her get anything done, not her homework or studying. She couldn't even read one page of the novel she's reading for English.

She groaned as a headache erupted inside her forehead, slamming her pencil down on her textbook, and falling back against her bed, she stared up at the ceiling. Where was her source of relief when she needed it most? Oh yeah, a few blocks away, probably sleeping with drool on the corner of his mouth. She smiled at the thought.

Clink.

"What?" Annabeth whispered to herself as she stood from her bed, making her way over to the window. Opening it, she leaned forward and looked for the source responsible for the sound, the moonlight reflecting off her grey eyes.

"Hey," A masculine voice called from below her. "Can I come up?"

Speaking of her source of relief... "Percy, what are you doing here?" She crossed her arms underneath her, leaning on them, and smiled. "It's midnight."

"I missed you." She could make out his cheeky grin in the dark. "So, can I come up?"

"Yeah." She backed away from the window as he made his way up the fire escape of the apartment building. He threw his legs inside and soon he was standing in front of her in her room. "Tell me exactly why you decided to show up right now?"

"No because of what you're thinking," Percy assured her, flopping down on her bed. "Couldn't sleep, not used to you not laying next to me, y'know?" He grabbed her stress ball off her bedside table, throwing it up in the air before catching it.

Annabeth smiled sadly and sat down on her bed beside his legs. She understood how he felt. Just last month she was living in the Jackson-Blofis residence, going to school at Goode High with Percy, and just living the best life. Well, as good as a life can get when you're a demigod.

However, that all changed when her dad, Frederick Chase, unexpectedly moved back to Manhattan with his family, showed up at Percy's apartment, and demanded she packed all her things that instance. Then she moved, unwillingly, back in with her mortal family and started attending a different high school. Thank gods it wasn't a boarding school and she could wear whatever the hades she wanted.

"I know." Laying down on top of him, she crossed her arms on his chest, resting her chin on her forearms . "Anyway, I was trying to study you know." She gestured to the open textbook next to their feet.

He smiled sheepishly. "My bad."

Annabeth laughed quietly and moved off him. "It's fine. You can stay as long as you want but just be quiet. My parents are sleeping in the next room over." She jerked her head to the wall to the left. "And I'm going to study."

"Annabeth!" Percy whined. "I came here to hang out with you! Not to watch you-" He paused, catching her gaze but his eyes roamed over her body, and he smiled. "You look really good in those pajamas. Like, really good."

"Shut up," She muttered but glanced down at herself. It was nothing special, just silky pastel pink pajamas, a button up T-shirt and regular pants. Okay, maybe it was something special, she saved up for them for so long. "Thanks."

"Mhm." He hummed, sitting up himself, and fingering the hem of the shirt but she pushed his hand away. "Oh come on, can I have a kiss?"

"Take the spiky jacket off first. You know I hate that thing," Annabeth told him with a raised eyebrow. "Then maybe you can have a quick kiss."