Part 7: Finale

Everything seemed surreal. I couldn't believe I was holding this little silver trophy, which I now called 'the proof of my courage,' in my very hands.

For the first time, I saw Agatha's face streaked with tears and shame. She hadn't made it to the top three. The boy with the ukulele won as the champion for the songwriting, as I'd hoped. She was screaming all over the room, making other people scramble away from her. Her coach and a few of her classmates tried to shush her down, but she kept yelling at them, blaming them for her defeat.

I shook my head as I turned my back on her. I could only pray for Agatha to come to her senses someday.

Lily came to me and bounced around like a ball, screaming, "Yeeessss! We won!" Our school had earned another glory because her dance troupe got first place. I knew she could blow the judges away.

We made a big hug feast together with our families and began to sing, "We are the Champions" aloud in the hallway.

My heart was full of bliss, but I stopped smiling for a moment when I noticed Chad, who was helping the contest crew to put away some things. 

The competition had ended. There would be no more after-school writing practices, no more laughs and talks, and no more band practices... Those fun memories and the lesson that came with them would never be forgotten. I would keep making music doing because I loved it immensely. I didn't have to be perfect at it to enjoy it. And I wouldn't let anyone make me feel bad over the pace of my growth.

I am my own cheerleader.

Next week, I would be back to school as a normal freshman who had new hopes for her future and Chad would return as a normal senior who had plans for his college life. Perhaps we would meet in the hallways by chance, but we might end up passing each other by like strangers.

Do I have a chance to meet him again?

If none, then maybe this was the time I had to say goodbye.

He found me looking at him and beamed as if he was in a toothpaste commercial. I smiled back, my heart leaping and my nerves sparking alive. He then returned to his piling of boxes and chatted with an older man.

My fingers caressed the rough leather bracelet around my wrist, and another hope dawned on me.

No, we'll meet again.

Someday, maybe.

"To anyone that ever told you you're not good

"To anyone that ever told you you're not good... they're no better." –Hayley Williams

---- A/N: So how was it, people? Tell me what you think! Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN!