The Next Doctor

The Tenth Apocalypse's theme just fits this so much. :) A few quick notes before I begin:

Full credit for this crossover goes to Maddythewriter. It was all her idea, and I am so glad she came up with it! I had a complete blast writing this! All 33 pages of it. ;)

Just to sort out timelines, the Ninth Doctor and the Alchemist have just done "Boom Town," and the Apocalypse and Rose have done "The Age of Steel." It's fairly obvious where the Tenth Doctor and Jessie are. :P

But I would advise reading "The Creators Saga" and "Apocalypse Rising" to understand who exactly the Apocalypse and the Alchemist are, and what their storylines are, because the plotlines of their most recent books, "Fire With Fire" and "Apocalypse Rising: Book Two" are very, very important in here. But, you would only really have to read "Boom Town" and "The Age of Steel" respectively to learn that.

Enjoy, all! :D

***

Jessie grinned when she stepped out of the TARDIS into falling snow. She laughed, doing a twirl, letting her trench coat billow out behind her. The Doctor smiled, content with being in the doorway of the TARDIS and watching her spin, a flash of gold, black, and violet in the mix of swirling white snow. She blushed, sensing where his thoughts had gone, and he closed the door behind him before wrapping an arm around her. "This good enough for you?" he asked.

She beamed at him. "Perfect," she answered.

He kissed her and led her out into a marketplace around them, carolers singing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" nearby. "What's the year, though?" she asked.

The Doctor looked around. "You there, boy!" he shouted at a young boy. "What day is this?"

The boy blinked. "Christmas Eve, sir."

"What year?"

"You thick or something?"

Jessie laughed. "Just humor him," she said.

"Oi!" the Doctor complained.

The boy just grinned at her. "Year of our Lord, 1851, sir."

"Right," the Doctor nodded. "Nice year. Bit dull." He smiled at Jessie. "But Merry Christmas."

She smiled. "Merry Christmas."

He went to kiss her again when there was a shout from nearby. "Doctor!" a woman called, and both of them looked in that direction. "Doctor!"

"Who, me?" he asked in surprise.

Jessie just laughed and tugged him in that direction.

***

The Alchemist frowned, folding her arms and looking around. "I'm not getting a time sense," she admitted. "It's a different world, though, definitely far in the past."

"So there are such things as parallel worlds?" Rose asked.

"Yep," the Doctor agreed, nodding. "But this shouldn't be possible." He looked at the Alchemist. "How is that possible?"

"I don't know that, either," she said, shaking her head. "But tell you one thing." She nodded at the carolers out on the street. "I get the feeling that it's close to or almost Christmas."

Jack grinned. "Merry Christmas!"

"Christmas again!" Rose cheered before frowning. "Wait. We're not going to see Charlie again, are we?"

"Charlie?" the Alchemist asked in confusion.

"Dickens," the Doctor explained before shaking his head. "We'd better not. If it's early, we mess up timelines. And besides - "