Kier's POV

Dia de los Muertos.

Otherwise known as The Day of the Dead.

Otherwise known as the day I can return to earth.

You see, I'm dead. I was killed on my way home 5 years ago. A painted skeleton with hair and clothes, some people call us "sugar skulls". And from the 31st of October to the 3rd of November, myself and everyone else who died in the last hundred years are allowed to walk the land of the living and throw magnificent parties!

But all of that was another 4 days away. So until then, I just sat in my underground home and watched the living through my crystal ball, desperately wishing to once again be part of them. I ran a bony hand over the crystal, conjuring up an image. I was not, however, expecting to see what a saw.
A group of witches, all cooped up in a tiny cell. The cell was dark, but it's really not that hard to identify witches. There were three girls, and one man. He looked to be in his early twenties, but appearances deceive with their kind. The girls were all talking amoungst themselves, but he sat quietly alone. He seemed troubled...
Suddenly, his bright green eyes bore into my empty sockets and the ball began to burn a hole in the dusty crimson table cloth. I swiped my hand quickly over the crystal, the image blowing away like thick smoke.
Fuck, that was weird.

I stood up from my coffin shaped recliner and gazed into the crack mirror.
It always bothered me that I could see clear as day despite not having eyeballs.
As I began to trace the looping red and purple pattern that surrounded my eye sockets, I sighed.
So many people take being alive for granted. What I would give to be able to feel again. To taste things, to breathe in the air. To be able to have skin on skin contact. As fun as being able to stick my hand between my ribs and up through my clavicle is, I miss the feel of it all.
Another thought quickly popped into my head.

What the hell was that vision all about? What's going on up there? Who was that witch?
I simply had to find out. As soon as we get the signal, I'm heading straight up there to find him. I don't know what it is that's drawing me to him, but I needed to know. And I only had three days to do it.

It's short, it's late, I know, I'm sorry.
I'm so very lazy, but here's a quick intro to Kier.

<x3