2 | Alarming Encounter

*beep beep*

I shot up out of bed, excited for the day ahead. Yesterday was very unusual for me, but in a good way. I made a friend, in one day... usually it takes several weeks for me to feel comfortable with people, even if I seem comfortable.

I quickly got ready and went downstairs to make my breakfast. After I ate and grabbed my backpack I was soon out the door, making my way to school.

I left at about the same time as the day before, but today I was less in a rush because I know what i'm doing today. I walked down at a moderate pace, absorbing my surroundings and humming my grandmother's song once again. Soon I heard the sounds of a bicycle riding up behind me.

"Good morning (l/n)!" Hinata said as he rode up beside me. I smiled and replied: "Good morning Hinata.".

"Did you make it home okay last night? I was kinda worried someone would mess with you or something..." Hinata stated. I simply smiled and nodded in response.

We were still going down the street when an event I witnessed last night hit me. "Oh Hinata, who were those guys that messed with you and your friend last night... you guys didn't look like you were very fond of them."

Hinata looked at me for a second before realization struck his face.

"Oh you mean those guys... they're just the other first years joining the volleyball club, kind of jerky if you ask me." He said with a hint of spite in his voice.

"The guy you were with seemed kind of mean too in my opinion... but like, it was different." I said. He was mean to Hinata, but it wasn't a jerk mean, it was like a rivalry kind of mean.

"Yeah we have some history, but we'll save that for another day." Hinata said with a smile. I think his optimism is rubbing off on me, and I've really only talked to him three times.

Before we knew it we arrived at school, and parted ways to our separate classes. By the time my second class came around, I noticed a familiar face.

The dark haired boy from last night was in my second class. Kageyama, was it? I kind of stared at him, just sticking a name to a face. He had blue eyes and dark blueish black hair that just sat relaxed on top of his head. The teacher's voice knocked me out of my thoughts.

"Miss (l/n), would you like to pay attention?".

I nodded in response to her with an added "Yes Ma'am.". I glanced back at the dark haired boy, and caught him looking at me through the corner of his eye. I blushed and looked forward to the teacher's lesson. I didn't look at him the rest of class because of embarrassment.

After school I gathered all of my things and walked towards the road to go home. As I was walking past the gym, I didn't hear the screeching and scuffing of shoes against the floors, curiosity peaked in my mind. I peeked inside and to my surprise, I saw Hinata. He was having a conversation with who I assumed to be the captain, and a couple other guys. Kageyama was also talking to the captain, but he wasn't talking much. I wasn't really in the mood to talk at that moment either, so I got out of sight as soon as possible and kept walking towards my house.

When I arrived at my house, I was immediately bored. I just kind of sat on my bed staring at the ceiling for a couple of hours, thinking. After I had hit the two hour mark of thinking, I felt my eyes start to feel heavy. I didn't fight it, so soon I fell asleep.

----------------

I opened my eyes and found myself laying on my bed. My eyes adjusted to the dark as I looked at my alarm clock.

Exactly Midnight.

I sat up and swung my legs over the side of my bed. I had a sudden burst of energy, like I wanted to run, and I mean run.

I changed from my school uniform to some comfortable work out clothes and gathered some things in a bag just in case I got lost. I decided I would run to a park right down the street, and full on sprint until I got there. If I wanted to run, I would at least push myself.

I walked out the door, completely ignoring my parents rules. They weren't here to stop me so what's the point of obeying them as long as I'm safe. I entered the street, took a deep breath, and dashed.

I sprinted as fast as I could in the park's direction, not looking back. My goal was to get this sudden burst of energy out of my system, and I am one to achieve my goals no matter what. Two minutes into my sprint, the park was finally in sight. I sped up for the end, from where I was to the park's entrance I pushed myself even harder, which made me breathless when I reached the entrance.

I stood at the entrance of the park for a while panting, hands on my knees. All of my energy was gone at that point, I needed to sit down. I walked into the park and looked around for a bench or a picnic table, but what I found instead startled me.

I rounded a corner and there was a tall man standing in front of me, staring down at me.

I gasped and fell back, I was shaking but couldn't move. I was frozen, like a deer in headlights.