chapter 13

i actually do say dam a lot in this one

Percy walked outside to find Annabeth just looking off into the distance. She really didn't seem okay.

"Hey," Percy said, "I got your message."

Annabeth turned to look at him, then (finally) smiled. "I can see that."

Percy put his hands in his pockets since his hands were getting cold. The dam weather was getting colder as the days went by. "So," he said. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." OH NO. ALERT. ALERT. SHE USED THE "F" WORD! Percy had learned many times that when a woman says "I'm fine", she's definitely 100% not fine.

"What's really going on Annabeth?" Percy said. "You know that you can talk to me, right?"

"I said I'm fine."

Percy rolled his eyes. He'd dealt with this way to many times. "You wouldn't have called me here if- OOF!"

Annabeth had tackled him with a hug. She began to cry, her arms still around him. He put his arms around her and flattened her hair. "It's okay," Percy said. "I'm here for you. I'm here."

He continued flatting her hair until she took her head off his chest. "You knew," she said. "You knew, and you told me, but I didn't listen because I'm so fucking stubborn, and now I'm hurt, and it sucks."

She looked at Percy in his eyes, her grey eyes meeting his sea-green ones. "I really did love him, you know." She let out a giggle. "You were so dam set on getting me away from him, and it pissed me off so goddamn much, that I was gonna confront you about it. But, guess what? You were right."

Percy sighed. "Well, at least you're no longer being used. At least you're not with that douche anymore."

Annabeth gave a dry laugh. "Yay," she said sarcastically.

"Percy?" Annabeth said. "Has anyone ever told you that your chest is very comfortable?"

When Percy blushed, Annabeth smiled. "You're also a very good listener, Seaweed Brain."

Percy beamed. At least he'd been useful. "It's not like I had a choice, Wise Girl."

She slapped his shoulder. "Shut up!" At least she was back to her old self. Well, sorta anyway.

Annabeth studied Percy and after some time, she seemed as if a lightbulb had popped over her head. She went from seemingly excited to curious, to suspicious, to certain. "Percy, were you... jealous?"

Percy almost fainted. "No," he said defensively. "Why?" He'd learned that if you made a big deal out of it, it kinda defeated the purpose of denying something.

"Just asking," Annabeth said. "Just wanted to make sure that there wasn't only one reason why you'd want Luke away from me."

"And what reason would that be, Annabeth?"

"Friendship," she said. Oh. Oh. Did he just unknowingly friendzone her?

Annabeth sighed. She took her phone from out of her pocket and looked at the time. "We should get going. Our friends are probably waiting for us. They might be... suspicious." Annabeth grinned, which made Percy both blush and extremely happy.

"Let's go, then."

When they got back to their friends, they all checked up on Annabeth, asking if she was okay, and her saying that, yes, everything was good now.

Percy had to make sure Annabeth caught up with their lunch hour tea, so he and Annabeth walked alone in the hallway, talking. When Annabeth heard of Solangelo, she celebrated for 30 seconds before taking out her phone and writing a paragraph on a site called Wattpad.

"Whatcha doin'?" Percy asked.

"Um, okay. So, I may or may not have been writing fanfiction on Solangelo, and I may or may not have over a million follows on that story, and I may or may not have just posted an author's note saying that they're finally together..."

Percy grinned from ear to ear, and then, just burst out laughing.

Annabeth smiled and said to Percy "I'll bet you 10$ that Piper was watching us."

Percy grinned. "Oh, you're so on. I bet it was Jason."

They walked back to the lunch table, where their friends were still chatting. "Okay, guys," Annabeth began, "which one of you were watching us in the hallway and outside earlier?"

Piper turned red and raised her hand. Percy rolled his eyes and passed ten bucks to his Wise Girl.

"How did you know?"

"I always know, Seaweed Brain."

"Sure you do," Percy sarcastically said. That got him a slap in the back of the head.

Piper muttered something to the rest of the group, making sure Annabeth and Percy didn't hear.

"What?" Annabeth asked the group. They all shook their heads, and Annabeth pretended not to care. Percy didn't have to pretend not to care, because he'd heard exactly what Piper had said.

"They would make the PERFECT couple."

Yeah, Percy thought, we would.

mmmm MY PERCABETH IS BONDING

𝐍𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 | 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें