chapter 18: training for war

Lucy P.O.V

It's been a week since the Grand Magic Games and I can't help but marvel at the changes we've made. Fairy tail has been full-on partying for this week and I am constantly bothered by fans on the street.

Gray and Juvia are closer than they were supposed to be, making me and Mira squeal on a daily basis. They are not dating but with the flirting going on with both sides they will be soon. Natsu and Happy are grinning, but at the same time have calmed down a bit. He has been dragging me everywhere he can think of.

Juvia and I will be heading to the dragon realm in a few days along with Sting, Rogue, Yukino, and Erza who Juvia and I finally told.

Turns out she already suspected it and knew that something bad had happened for us to go back to the past. She refused any knowledge of the future saying that time has already been altered.

For 2 months in this world, we have told the master to tell the guild that we were requested for a mission. Sting, Rogue, and Yukino will meet us in Crocus and we will leave.

For the 2 years in the dragon realm, we will be training. I will be learning Celestial and time dragon slaying. Juvia will be learning water dragon slaying. Sting and Rogue will be learning light and shadow demon-slaying. Erza and Yukino are actually going to learn god-slaying. Erza working on ground and Yukino on celestial.

So basically we will all be separated. We have agreed to meet every year for a week and then go back to work.

Time skip [ 1 week]

It's time. Juvia and I entered the guild and went to the bar where Erza was talking with Mira.

" Can Lucy, Juvia, and Erza come to my office?" I hear master call and Juvia is a step behind me. I wait for Erza at the bottom of the stairs and we climb up the stairs. I can't help but notice the stairs of everyone as we walk through the second floor hallway.

We enter the master's office and he sighs.

" It's time" he simply states and I see Juvia shuffle back. Ezra looks down and I purse my lips.

" Yes master" I return and he looks at me. For a second I see hurt in his eyes and then the spell breaks.

" You three have been requested by a duke to clear a forest of monsters. Most of the monsters are S class so this will take some time. The minimum to complete this quest is 2 months." He states and I nod.

" We will be back before you know it master" Juvia states with a bow and Erza hugs him and walks away.

" One more thing" He calls out and I can feel his smile.

" Due to your achievements in the Grand Magic Games, Lucy and Juvia are now S class mages" He finishes and I gape at him. I hear Juvia squeal and Erza laugh.

" I'll make the announcement after you leave" He calls out as the door closes and I can't help but grin.

" Natsu's face is going to be perfect" I breathe out and Eza laughs.

" Perfect isn't the word I would use" She counters and we walk away. We leave the guild without many people noticing and head to the train station.

Time skip [ 1 hour]

" Sting Bee" I call out and he meets me with a hug. I wave at Yukino and Rogue. Juvia and Erza are behind me and Juvia is instantly at my side.

" Alright let's clear some things up" I state and instantly everyone's eyes are on me.

" We will all be separate so every year we will meet up. " I say with my eyes staying on Sting who has the decency to look embarrassed. They all nod with Erza smirking at the direction of Sting.