Chapter 14

To say Alex was a good player would be an understatement, and I mean both ways. Not only did he not repress any of the lewd comments throughout the next two hours, but also manged to kick my ass as he did so. I don't mean to brag or anything, but I am pretty good... Who am I kidding? I was, and without any doubt, the best player at my old school. I almost never miss a shot. I guess Miss Sully was right when she said her team was good. Alex managed to block almost all of my shots and got the ball off me a stupid amount of times. I was a better shooter by far though, which I guess makes up for it.

"Is the rest of the team like this?" I ask, collapsing down onto a bench. "Nope, I'm just amazing." He smirks, standing in front of me. I roll my eyes.

We begin making our way back to our dorm, walking slowly and bouncing the ball between us as we went. By the time we had reached out room, I was beyond exhausted, so exhausted that I didn't even notice that our door was lodged open just the tiniest bit. It was actually Alex that stopped me just as I was about to thoughtlessly stumble into our room.

He lets go of my arm and gesture to the door. I raise and eye brow and shrug, wondering what the hell the big deal was. It was probably just Enzo or Kai considering that Alex had gotten the department store in town too make two extra key cuts of our dorm key, one for each of the boys.

"Someone has been in here," he whispers so quietly that I wasn't even sure he had actually said it and thought it might have actually just been a figment of my imagination. "It's probably just Kai or Enzo," I whisper back. He shakes his head. "They know not to come in here when I'm out," he states quietly.

"Then why do they even have a key?" I almost felt like laughing. This is so dumb. I just want to lie down, for fucks sake. Alex ignores me and slowly opens the door a slither more, peering inside. He sighs and pushes it open all the way, revealing our very, very unoccupied room.

"What did I tell you? It was probably Kai coming to raid our food stash... Or maybe even Enzo to steal Peter because we know that deep down, he secretly adores him." I smile, pushing past Alex and entering our room. I freeze as I get to my bed.

On my pale pink, fluffy throw blanket lay a small note. I pick it up and read through the few letters on the paper.

ℳℯℯ𝓉 𝓂ℯ 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓈𝒸𝒽ℴℴ𝓁 ℴ𝒻𝒻𝒾𝒸ℯ 𝒶𝓉 ₁₂ : ₃₅

The note wasn't signed but I immediately knew who it was from. This was Elijah's weird, fancy handwriting. I grab my phone off my charger and check it. It was almost 12:00 now. I quickly shove the note under the blanket before Alex can see it. I can't have him coming with me when I go to the office. If Elijah really is going to be there, Alex will just ask too many questions and will make things more complicated than they already are. I need to do this alone. I turn and grab my towel from my closet along with my toiletry bag and a pair of underwear. 

"I'll be back," I state, Arnold Schwarzenegger style as I strut out the door. Man, the terminator movie really does connect with me and my life on a level that I don't even understand.

The second the door closed behind me, I did a few little jumps of excitement and took a minute to compose myself. I can't believe he actually came back! I almost dance to the showers because of how excited I was. I turn the faucet and hang my towel on a hook as the water heats up. I strip off and gently tear off the bandage patch on my ribs and wet my face cloth under the water before gently going around the gash, wiping off the numbing cream and the disinfectants that I use before stepping under the water.

I have so many questions to ask him. How is he alive? Why did he just disappear like that? Why was he in the alley? How did he know about Ace's plans? Where has he been all these years? I quickly wash my hair and use my body wash.

I step out and change into my underwear before wrapping a towel around my body and making my way down the hall to my dorm. I need to get my stitches out on Tuesday, thank goodness so I no longer have to awkwardly walk back to my dorm in my towel simply to dress the gash. It was such a hassle having to redress it twice a day, not to mention having to awkwardly stand in my bra in front of Alex for like ten minutes in doing so. He has been taking advantage of my injury for too long now.

I walk in and freeze, my eyes widening as I quickly spin around to face my side of the room as a girl lets out a high-pitched, bitchy scream. On Alex's lap, sat an almost naked girl that thankfully, even though they didn't cover much, still had her panties on. "Alex! What did I say? You have to warn me!" I shout over my shoulder to Alex as he laughs hysterically at me. "Well, you usually shower for longer then that! This was just going to be a quick little thing..." He trails off. I shake my head in disgust. I mean, yeah I know he is a fuckboy and all but it is honestly revolting how he treats the women that he hooks up with. Like literal trash. He sleeps with them and then depending on whether or not he wants to fuck again some other time, he breaks their hearts.

I wait a few more seconds before throwing a quick glance over my shoulder, hoping that the girl would have been in at least a shirt by now. Thankfully, she was now fully dressed and stood awkwardly in the corner, rubbing her neck guiltily. "Hunny, you deserve better than that," I state, pointing to Alex's half naked body leaning against the wall as he sat on his bed glaring at me. I see a small smile and blush creep onto her face at my statement. "And unless of course you actually want to catch an STD, Alex probably isn't the one to be sleeping with." I send him a smirk and he scoff. "Oh, so that would be why your test for HIV came back positive..." Alex exclaims with a fake gasp.

I throw a pillow at him. "I would honestly rather actually have an STD then sleep with you, Miller." I shake my head, putting down my toiletry bag and adjusting my towel. "Okay, well I am going to go..." The girl mumbles, lowering her head and swiftly walking past me and out the door.

I shake my head at Alex as I close the door behind her. "You are so sad." I pull out a pair of black and white, plaid pants along with a cream sweater. "And you, you are a major cock-block," he states. I undo my towel and wrap it around my hips instead as I re-apply my dressing. After that, I got changed into my outfit and checked my phone. 12:24. I might as well just start heading to the office now.

I pull some white sneakers out of my closet and slip them on. "Where the fuck are you going?" He smirks, throwing my pillow back at me. Shit... I can't tell him that Elijah is here because he will want to go with me, and knowing Alex, he won't take no for an answer. "To see Kris and Noah," I state slowly, grabbing my phone off the charger and putting it in my pocket.

He nods. "Jeez, you could have told the girl to simply wait outside if your just going to leave again." He chuckles. He probably doesn't even know her name. I just roll my eyes. "I don't know when I will be back and I can't be bothered looking for my key. If you leave, text me so then I know where to find you," I state, making my way towards the door. He salutes. "Have fun, Babygirl." 

I ignore him and leave. He has an incessant tendency to treat me as if I was his girlfriend and it really was tragic. Apparently, the boys thought it was cute considering that he never called any of his hookups pet names, or actually managed to have a decent conversation, all the while it made me want to hurl.

I made my way into the elevator and I couldn't help but fiddle with the coins in my pocket. What if this was all just some sick joke that Alex was playing? What if he told Enzo and Kai about Elijah and got them to plant the note while we were in the gym? No, they couldn't have. It was in Elijah's hand writing... But how would have he have gotten the note to my room? If he was there then why didn't he just wait for me there?

I shake my head, closing down the queries as I exit the elevator. I arrive at the office door and pause, taking a deep breath.

Okay, Ivy, just be cool, stay calm.

. . .

Don't forget to like and comment :)

XOXO