Chapter Eleven

I wildly move around on the couch panicking. Tears streams down my cheeks as I scream repeatedly. Xavier and Ally sat on the couch next to me, spitting every calming word and sentence at me. It didn't help. It didn't help at all.
Ally tries to pull me in for a hug, but I remove any contact between me and them. "He's going to kill me!" I yell, screaming and panicking more. "He's going to slaughter me!"
"No he is not. The police will guard you, and protect you until this situation is over.." Ally stated. I shake my head violently,"It's not enough!" I sink down on the couch, still shaking. "I'm so dead..."
"Emma.." Xavier mumbles, trying to lay a hand on my shoulder. I slap it away quickly, but he reacted way differently than Ally. He kept trying to lay a hand on my shoulder, and I kept slapping his hand away until he suddenly gets aggressive. He grabs my wrist, and pins me down against the couch. My eyes widened. I didn't try to struggle out of his grip, he's way stronger than me.
"You're not dead. I won't let Matthew do anything to you." He said a little rudely. "You'll be fine. Everything will be fine."
I totally disagree. "No, he wins. This situation will never be over until I die."
"Emma. The situation is over." He said.
"But--"
"It's. Over." He stated. I didn't say anything after that.
"Now, I'm going to go get some hot chocolate from the store for a nice, relaxing evening." He said, letting go of my wrist. "A pool is in the backyard just in case you want to relax in water or whatever." He gets up, but I grab his hand.
"I don't feel safe now that you're leaving.." I muttered.
I felt like I was offended Ally in a way, but I didn't care. I can tell she's way weaker than me, and that's definitely not good.
"You'll be alright. Ally will protect you." He said, pressing his lips against my forehead. I groan, hoping that Ally didn't hear me. He moves over a bit to kiss Ally full on the lips. I felt a feeling of envy stir in my stomach. This is the only reason why I hate living here. "Bye." He said, before walking out the door.
A giant silence settles in the room. I enjoy the silence though, for once I didn't have to hear her lips flapping about nonsense. Plus, it's calming.
But unfortunately, she ruins it quickly.
"Oh! I'll make us some cookies to eat with the coco!" She says, clapping her hands together quickly. I roll my eyes. She's so annoying. But the cookie part didn't sound too bad.
She stands on her feet. "You can rest in the bedroom until he gets back." She suggests. I don't respond. She stares at me for a while, shrugs, then walks off to the kitchen.
I get up, walk upstairs, and drag myself to the bedroom door slowly. I try to open it, but it didn't work. Another thing I hated in this house was that all the doors locked from the inside. So the doors could be locked easily if you forget. And I only made that mistake once. I'll just ask Xavier to fix it when he gets home.
"I'll just go to the bathroom instead.." I mumbled. I needed to wash my face anyway from all the crying and panicking I did. I walk to the bathroom door, and try to open it too.
It was also locked.
My eyebrows furrowed. I looked around, and go to Xavier's bedroom door. Locked. I ran to Ally's door. Locked as well. What in the world?!
Then, the sound of humming took place in the kitchen. Oh yeah, Ally was here. Maybe I could tell her about all the doors strangely locking. I start walking to the kitchen, but stopped when I heard the sickening sound of knives being sharpened. The first thing that came to mind was Matthew. Matthew is here.
Anxiety fills me quickly as I peek around the hallway to see Ally who just got off the phone with someone. Probably Xavier because I heard her say,"I love you" before she hung up. Ew. Otherwise, I didn't see Matthew. I look around. I didn't see him anywhere, everything was perfectly fine. Am I hallucinating? Did I imagine the sound? I suddenly felt uneasy. I must be going insane. No, I am going insane.
I try my best to ignore it, and walk to Ally. She's still annoying, but I really needed company right now.
Once she notices me, a smile stretches on her lips. "Hey Em!" She said excitedly.
"Hi..." I mumbled. "How are the cookies going?" I didn't see any knives anywhere, she was in front of the oven so she couldn't have hid it in a drawer in time where I didn't see it. And so far, this conversation was already a bore. I wish Xavier would hurry up already.
"Perfect!" She giggles. "Were you able to rest?" I shake my head, and her face saddens.
"Why not?" She said sadly.
"For some reason, all the doors are locked."
"What! Not again!" She pouts. I tried as hard as I can not to roll my eyes right in front of her."Now we have to sleep in the living room until it's fixed!"
I shrug. "Actually Ally, I don't care if we do. I love being here. Xavier was right, the situation is over." I said, smiling. I have no idea why I suddenly feel so safe around Ally now. This day has been very strange.
"Oh, Emma.." She drifts off, laughing a little. I laugh too as the paranoia and worry washes away. I felt way safer than before. I walk over to her phone and pick it up. I wanted to call Xavier myself to tell him how safe I felt now. Since she called him a couple of minutes ago, I just go to her call history.
But then I see it.
She didn't call Xavier.
She called Matthew.
My eyes widened, and I turn to her in fear.
"...the situation will never be over." In one quick blur, she takes out a kitchen knife, and slashes me across the face with it. I scream in pain, collapsing to the floor. She raises the knife and tries to stabs me straight into my chest, but I grab her hands in time. She forces the knife towards me harder, I could feel myself giving up and letting the knife make its way to my heart.
"Stop trying to resist!" She yells. "And let me kill you!" She puts more force onto the knife, and I could feel the tip of the blade against my skin. I shake my head in response.
I still knew I was stronger than her. She just caught me off-guard. Now, it's either gain some strength or die. I easily push her and the knife back onto the floor. The knife slides out of her hand, and hits against the wall. I hurried to crawl to it, but Ally yanks my ankle back to keep me from reaching it. But it was too late, my hand already grabbed it.
She pins me down on my stomach, and tries to snatch the knife out of my hand. My grip on the knife tightens, as I stab her in the palm of hand when the perfect timing came by. She yelps in pain as I roll out from under her and stand up. Small rivers of blood trickled down her hand and drips onto the floor.
I raise my knife, hoping to aim successfully into her skull. But she was furious.Very furious. She turns around, quickly stands up, and throws an uppercut to my chin hard with the hand that wasn't injured. I easily drop the knife, and fall flat against the floor. Pain flows through my jaw as the salty taste of blood settles in my mouth.
This is about the second time I've been punched with all force. It feels even worse now since half of my face is already bruised.
She tries to stab me in the head, but I turn my body in time. I get up quickly, and run upstairs before she can try to stab me for the third time. The sound of footsteps followed after mine, making my breathing heavier and causing my heart to beat faster.
All the doors were locked. She must've locked them so I wouldn't hide in a room or something.
I couldn't have anyway, the doors were locked from the inside. So either way, I still would've been stuck in the same position I'm in now. There was only way out of this insane house: the balcony.
Which means I have to jump off of it to escape, and splatter onto the concrete. The idea of that makes me even more nervous. I'd rather just let Ally kill me. She'll make it quick and easy. But if I jump off, I could die slowly in horrific pain on the concrete.
Even though the death by Ally sounded way better, I choose to jump off the balcony. Matthew would win if Ally killed me. And I'm not letting that happen. I ran faster to the rail of the balcony.
Once I came to it, I took a deep breath. I could hear Ally gasp as I step up on the rail. I close my eyes, and I launch myself off the rail. Adrenaline rushes through me as I scream at the top of my lungs. It felt like everything was going in slow motion. In my mind, I counted the seconds until I join the afterlife.
But that was quickly interrupted when I suddenly plunged into water and hit onto the floor of something. I swim to the surface, and catch my breath. My eyes opens up to find myself in a swimming pool. They had a swimming pool. I completely forgot.
I swim and climb out the swimming pool and cough out any water I accidentally swallowed. My wet clothes stuck to my skin as I stand on my feet. I look up at the balcony, but I didn't see Ally there. She probably knew I was going to the police and ran off. Good. Now I don't have to deal with her anymore. I smile a little, and head to the police station.

--

About an hour later, I had the police follow me to the house to arrest Ally. They told me to stay in the police car just in case, and I didn't disagree. I watch them knock on the door a couple times, waiting for her to answer. Nothing. After a while, they bust down the door and went inside.
Then, I noticed a red car pulling up in the driveway. Xavier. He comes out the car with the look of panic smeared on his face. I couldn't figure out which reason he was worried about more. That if I was hurt, or that if Ally was hurt. I couldn't help but get out the car. I run up to him and hug him from behind. "I'm so happy to see you! What took you so long?!" I said, hugging him tighter.
"There was a long line....." He looks at the officers in worry. "What...happened here..."
"Ally tried to kill me....they're here to arrest her..." I explained.
"That's impossible. Ally is so sweet, she wouldn't hurt a fly on anyone's head." He said. He must think I'm lying. Typical love logic.
"Sorry to burst your bubble but....she's works with Matthew...and is in a relationship with Matthew......" I tell him. Even though I hated the relationship between Ally and Xavier, I still felt bad about telling him the news.
He doesn't say anything. I could feel his heart breaking. "Xavier...?" I ask to see if he'll respond.
He goes back into his car, and starts it up. What is he doing? I watch him grab the steering wheel, and take a deep breath. The car backs up quickly.
And it keeps backing up.
Until it crashes into a tree and catches flame.