Taehyung: Archery

Taehyung and I have been neighbors since we were 6. Now that we are graduating from high school, we've been spending more time together before summer since Taehyung is doing a foreign exchange program in America. Taehyung's parents gave me a key to his house since we know each other so well. I look around the house and find him in the back yard with a bow and a quiver full of arrows. I opened the sliding glass door as he was shooting arrows at the target.

The paper had water balloons filled with paint. The arrow clicked into the string and he began to pull back. As the tension increased, once he pulled back enough, he released and hit one of the balloons. Green paint splattered all over the paper covering the hay bale. 

"Woahh Tae that was epic! I didn't know you had an archery set!" I shouted.

"My dad brought it yesterday. The last time I did this was at the summer camp we used to go to. It feels good to go back into it again." he smiled.

"I think I still remember how to shoot. May I?" I requested. Taehyung handed me the bow and I began to set up myself. I may be rusty, but I still remember. I raise the bow then-

"WAIT f/n!" Taehyung shouted. I made sure to table the bow, facing down, so I wouldn't poke Taehyung as he approached me. 

"Armguard!" He pointed to his arm as he began to take off the leather guard from his left arm. He helped me put it on my arm that held the bow. 

"You have a hair tie?" He asked. I nodded and gave him the one around my wrist. He took my h/c hair and tied it in a ponytail for me. "Don't want your hair getting caught in the string like last time.

"uggh don't remind me."

"I just don't want you to lose your pretty hair like you did last time," Taehyung said as he finished. He then paused.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Nothing. You're ready." He stepped back and could have sworn his face was red. I took a deep breath and aimed for the balloon on the left side, I shot with my eyes closed and heard a pop.

"YESSSS!" Taehyung shouted as the blue paint dripped down.

"Awesome!" I shouted. We kept going with the art pieces and other rounds of archery.

"Hey, it looks like a heart!" I said and helped him take it down from the hay for it to dry. We placed it on the table outside and laid rocks to keep it from flying away.

"That looks like my heart when I see you every day."

"Aww tae!"

"I don't know if you took that seriously or not." Tahyunge giggled as he got a poster out. He rolled it out and it said, "Will you take your shot and go to prom with me?" the sign said. My heart raced. Wait...I really do like this goofball. I looked at the two targets with bigger balloons. One was green, the other was red. I shot my arrow and hit the green balloon, spilling green glitter and paint everywhere. Taehyung ran up to me and hugged me.

"YESS I WAS SO NERVOUS!" He spun me around and I  hugged him.

"I think I was shot with cupids arrow." I laughed. 

Taehyung put me down and held my face. His face inched closer to mine, then there was a knock on the glass. I saw his sister and mom with their phones out giggling.

"YAHHH"

My face became red as he let go and made his way to the door. I love him. I am so lucky I know a man as beautiful and cute as him.

A/N

It's midnight, its now monday, fuck it imma post it