Third

I stared in complete shock as Zylith Amone spoke to the blobs as if she knew them, directing them with an authoritative flair that indicated that she was in charge. I can't believe it! All this time and she was working with them? She knew all about Max's abduction... My anger began to flair, my eyes seeing red. This bitch just let Max suffer through everything and she already knew about it all? I bet she was part of the reason why he got abducted too! I wanted to march right in there and beat her face in, but I wasn't that stupid. She had seemed genuinely angry about what Dawaen and Kole did to Max.

"Akarate makicesi eztenai?"

"Gonaro akarate kialen ehoby bisaag aegen en. Hiahia kialen nakinek maetahi en eztenai. Akarate izfizes tetti raok nakinek Max raok hoki ahamit."

Max? What does Max have to do with anything? I needed to get back home... I'd deal with this later... I stepped back to leave but a tree branch stuck me right in the butt crack and I yelped in surprise. All the aliens stopped working and Zylith looked around.

"Tetti ronall koete ehogy?" she asked.

"Aegen, Kaprang."

"Purita muahikameg... Megaermeg megaer tirgalja esa nakinek en'am."

Zylith left the blob things and started walking towards where I was frozen in shock with a branch in my ass. I slowly dislodged my butt cheeks from the invasive tree and tried to keep myself from laughing about the fact that I just got a tree up my butt. Max would have a field day- oh... right... shit, I keep forgetting... I made sure to look behind me as I continued to walk backwards from the clearing and ran all the way home.

*****************************************

I ran into the house and slammed the door behind me, leaning against it and breathing hard. Dad looked at me from the recliner and made a face.

"Are you okay?"

"I um... I think I just saw something that I shouldn't have."

"Like... a murder?" he asked.

"No, nothing like that."

"We need to talk about what happened at the school."

"Could we talk about it later? I got a stick stuck in my butt and I feel kind of violated. Could I take a shower first?"

"Um... I guess?" he asked, with a weird look.

"Thanks."

I went up the stairs and into the bathroom, sitting on the toilet and putting my hands on my knees to breathe. I can't believe what I just found out... and I can't believe I got a stick right up my ass. I started laughing a little in slight hysteria and pulled out my phone. I scrolled on the text screen and tapped the one I wanted.

+++++++++

Dude, I just got my ass skewered by a stick! Does being treed count as sex? LOL!

++++++++

I hit the send button and waited for it to complete the text. As per usual, there was never a response. There were about twenty messages that were all part of a one sided conversation. I mean, Max couldn't exactly text me back from the grave, right?

The Taylors kept Max's number but just turned off his phone and hid it somewhere. They said that they just couldn't do it and I was kind of grateful because it allowed me to still 'talk' to him. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling, trying to wrap my brain around what I had just witnessed in the forest.

Zylith was an alien! I mean... wait, was she though? Max has been crushing on her for a while now and Max only had all that stuff happen to him last year. She couldn't have been an alien since middle school right? We met her in freshman year... It's not like she was just sitting around planning this great heist since she was little, right? So... maybe she was just working for the aliens... but she sounded like she knew what she was doing and she spoke their language fluently.