Chapter Thirteen

'You are stuck with me'

AN: play the song during the glitter part. You'll know. Get your popcorn daddies!
~

Desire.

~

Harry's gaze is firm, his eyes occasionally peering down at the whiskey and then back to the bar where I'm stood.

After I blessed him with his liquid poison, I returned back to mixing drinks as if nothing happened. I had this sudden 'bad bitch energy' and now, I'm back to being a pussy.

Ryder witnessed the exchange, his eyes sympathetic as he handed me two vodka shots. I took them willingly, throwing the contents back my throat as I attempted to blur what just happened.

It was pretty badass, I can't lie. My delivery, my smirk, Harry's shocked expression. It was certainly something I never envisioned happening, but I also didn't imagine dancing with Ryder at work. I'm quite adventurous now.

I notice a tense conversation between Harry and his "friends", eye-rolls and dramatic gestures are the only conversing they have done.

Cade mentioned that Harry tends to ruin the apartment with his "low-life" friends, so I can't help but wonder if these men are who he was referring to. The group of them seem like enemies more than they do friends.

Not surprising.

The opening of the door alerts me to the entrance. A strange, unfamiliar crowd walks in as Ryder and I exchange puzzled looks.

A group of young adults walk in, none of the ages spiking above twenty-five as they all make their way through the foggy room. "What the hell?" I turn to Ryder, his head shaking slowly as his mind is just as lost as mine.

I guess the themes are working? Nice going, Jensen.

To say this was similar to the end of global warming would be a fucking understatement. Sugar's has been open for years, and the club has never been able to reach a younger demographic.

I pour the bourbon apprehensively, a tinge of shock running through me as I attempt to compose myself in front of the regular customers.

"Psst," I hear someone try to grab my attention. I look over to where Ryder is, seeing no one there as I turn to my left. My boss is stood by the bar, his glance moving from my eyes to the dance floor as I give him a questioning look.

Leave me alone.

"Yeah?" I respond, my hand sliding the customer a drink as I reach for the towel.
Drying my hands, he motions me in his direction, my face contorting with uncertainty.

I walk over away from the bar, Ryder now making double the drinks, as my boss yanks me into the back room. "Jesus fuck, what are you doing?" I snap at him, his eyes shooting me an apologetic look.

"I need you to go dance again," He breathes out, his arm motioning to the dance floor that is hidden behind the wall.

Ok dude, that was a one time thing.

Though it was extremely fun, it was spur of the moment. My mind was elevated by both alcohol and spontaneity; I'd never do it again. Especially since a curly-headed asshole decided to show up. I wouldn't even know my left foot from my right.

It's much easier doing things in front of strangers. I could down an entire handle of Smirnoff at a bar, surrounded by people I don't know, than drink comfortably around the people that love me. Again, the sleepover was a one time thing.