And the Rest of My Life

That Christmas, my church had a collective fast

That Christmas, my church had a collective fast. To fast and pray going into the new year, and my pastor said to choose one thing for yourself to pray for, one thing for someone else, and for revival in our state. I prayed to be free from addiction.

I didn't get a magical "instantly free from all bondage" story that some people do, but God promised me that we would fight this together. He wasn't going to leave me to defeat sin alone.

It took me until not long ago, within a year, to feel free from addiction. I still struggle with my mental state sometimes, but God has saved me out of darkness and dragged me into the light.

I still struggle, I still fall, but I have a reason to get up again afterwards. I have a reason to live.

I have to fight back a lot of darkness in my thoughts, I have a lot of stumbling blocks, but God is fighting for me. He saved me out of that, and I don't have to go back to it.

My story isn't over, and it won't be over until I go home.

God saved me, because he loves me. If he could love me, I know that he can and does love you with such a burning fire that you can't imagine or experience the fullness of yet in this life.

He waiting behind you, just waiting for you to turn around and meet his eyes.

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.

Lord my God, I will praise you forever.

-Psalm 30: 11-12