Chapter Twelve: Blood On My Name (Part One)

I slide on my suit as fast as possible. I hear Logan's family downstairs talking. I grab the hairbrush as I slide on my shoes. I brush my hair once and then I tie my shoelaces. I look at myself in the full length mirror. I okay? In a sort of I-woke-up-like-this sort of way.  

"Sam!?" I hear Logan call me from downstairs. I grab my blazer of the chair and head down the stairs. Every step made a creaking sound. I look to see Logan stood next to what I assume to be his father. 

"You must be Sam." I hear a woman say once I get to the bottom of the stairs. I look at her and smile, she is the spitting image of Logan. Same eyes and nose, she is beautiful.  

"You must be Logan's mom." I say as I take her hand. But a hand wasn't enough! She goes in for a full on hug! I hug her back tenderly. We both relax and breathe easy. 

"You're scent... so intoxicating." She says as she sniffs me. 

"So I've been told." 

"Logan tells us that you're a demowolf." I turn around to find the source of the voice. It is Logan's father. He stands tall, the way an Alpha should. He is very tall, around 6'7? He towards over me, he has the same brown eyes as Logan does. His black hair has become more salt and pepper with age but his smile is just as youthful as Logan's is. 

"Yes. I am, you must be Logan's father?" I ask as I take his outstretched hand. His grip is tight and firm. He inhales my scent and smiles.  

"Any idea what you might be half of?" He asks softy, he doesn't break eye contact with me. 

"Dad! What's with the third degree?" Logan asks protectively as he takes my hand away from his fathers and steps in front of me. Logan and his father have a stare out, neither moving nor blinking. The air is thick with tension.  

"I LOVE THIS HOUSE!" I hear a childlike voice yell from the kitchen. 

"Who is that?" I ask nobody in particular. Logan turns around to face me now, the tension has faded a little now, but I can still feel it. Maybe it's a Faywin thing? 

"It's my youngest brother Tommy." Logan explains to me softly. He then kisses me on the cheek, his father and I make eye contact over Logan's shoulder. He smiles at me and nods his head. I kiss Logan back and then I walk away from him and over to his father. 

"I never got your name." I confess to him as I tuck in my shirt.  

"It's Leo." He says as he takes his wife's hand. "And this beautiful women's name is Kendall." Kendall smiles at me. I smile back but then I am hit backwards and into the table. Tommy stops and freezes at what he did to me. I smile at him. 

"I'm guessing you're Tommy." I laugh as I rub my sore back. 

"Yes!" He yells at him then jumps into Logan's arms and cuddles his neck. It made my legs feel weak it was so cute! Logan smiles at Tommy and then at me, there is something different in his eyes, it is something bright and spectacular. He looks glorious. 

"Time to go?" 

*********************************************** 

The car journey is silent, the only sounds are coming from Logan and Tommy whispering. They're the best of friends. With everything going on between Hunter, Logan and I, I am surprised that we were even invited to this thing. I don't know much about this party thing, I am still extremely knew to the whole mythical creatures' thing. I look at Logan in his suit, his tux is black with a white rose in the flower hole. The car pulls up to the drive way, I look out of the window to see the house, it is still beautiful, the hole in the wall from Hunter is fixed now but the hole is a massive window! Like fucking huge! It is truly magnificent. The house has banners, balloons and other party-like items are dotted around. All the men are in black and females in white, I'm wearing white. The lawn is lit with fire, lights and the moon.