Chapter 2

~Alexis~

I pushed Aspen off of Tyler. And threw a punch right in his face. As I pulled Tyler up, Aspen was already getting up. I grabbed Tyler's hand and practically pulled him into the direction of our cave.

"Shift!" I shouted at him, shifting myself.

Speeding through the woods in our wolf form, Aspen was on our heels but after a while we lost him. We tore our clothes when we were shifting but we always kept a spare set inside the cave just in case. As we made our way into the cave through the crack, I was trying to digest everything into my brain. Once we were inside, I went behind the boulder to get changed and when I came out, Tyler was sitting against a rock wearing basketball shorts with a grey shirt on. His face told me he was still taking in what happened. Then he glanced up at me, then looked back at space. I say down next to him as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"You gotta go back to him, you know?" He spoke softly, yet there was still pain in his voice.
"No..." I whined, then groaned in frustration. "How can it be! Your my mate, not him! His mate is one of the girls there, it can't be me! I'm YOUR mate!!!"
"No! ... You are his mate, not me. My mate is still out there. And when I meet her, I'll meet her. He is your mate. You'll make a good Lupa." He looked at me.

We stared at each other for a while, then he leaned down to me, our lips almost touched. I pushed my lips into his as tears rolled down my face. The hunger for his lips only became stronger when he kissed me back. He begged for it, so I let him explore my mouth as I explored his. He crawled on top of me and it was getting heated. I flipped over so that now I was straddling him. He pulled away, still letting me straddle him. we talked about our old memories together, and those funny moments and shared many sweet little kisses. Then he pulled me off his lap, breaking our kiss once again. I stared at him for a while before he started getting up, keeping that solemn look on his face. Then he helped me up. We creeped out of the cave, still not sure of what's going to happen when we get back to the village.

Once we reached the village, I ran back to my house, I really wanted to see my parents, if they could offer any support.

"Mom! Dad?! I'm home, where are you?!" I shouted through the house.

"Here!" My mom answered. her voice came from the backyard.

I walked out to see Aspen sitting on the swing, talking to my mom and dad.

"Hi mom, dad." I glanced at Aspen and rolled my eyes, ignoring him. "I'm going to my room." I declared.

"Oh no! Honey! I told some girls to pack up your bags, cause your moving in with Aspen." My mom said.

I turned around and glared at her, "What?" I almost shouted. So much for asking for help.

~Aspen~

I tried to run after them but I lost their scent when they crossed the river, they were way too fast. Soon enough I completely lost them, without any other choices I trudged back to the village, hopefully I can seek "information" from her parents.

Another soccer game had started in the front yard, but I had to disrupt the game...again.

"Who where those two?" I asked the few kids.

"His name is Tyler, he's a Beta and she's Alexis but only go by the name of Lexi. They're both 16." A boy about 8 or 9 answered.

I was a little disheartened to find out that was one of my Betas and that they were both 16. She was 5 years younger. Her wolf was still a pup. No wonder she freaked out. Having some guy lunge so suddenly like that. My age and rank would've been enough to scare her off, more or less did what I did. I took the boy aside, and asked his name.