Chapter 11

~Aspen~

I closed my eyes, suddenly a shrill scream emanated from the couch.

"Food is here!" Lexi screamed.

I groaned and got up, grabbing the keys in my pocket to unlock the door. The helper pushed in a cart full of waffles and strawberries with Apple crumble and cream on the side. Oh god...

"Morning" she said, rather cheerfully.

I stared at her in silence. Did she just say that? Yes she did. Ohmygod. We're making progress. Say it back, dumb ass!

"Morning to you too" I said. My face expression still blank as sat on the opposite end of the small table.

She grabbed a fork and immediately scraped a big portion of the Apple crumble on her plate, pouring the custard cream all over it. I started with the waffles. She looked happier. Much happier. Did she trust me now? Maybe a little? I hope so. I love her and I need her to realize that.

I stuffed part of the waffle in my mouth and choked. Too hot, way too hot. I stuck my tongue out to cool down and looked up to find my beautiful mate...laughing her ass off, with her mouth full off Apple crumble. Typical.

"It's not funny! It actually burns." I huffed.

She stifled a giggle. "Yeah yeah whatever."

I looked at her and slowly smiled. I made her laugh...again. Okay, I could get used to this.

"So...anything in mind today?" She asked. "Or are we planning to sit home and watch SpongeBob again."

"Have you packed your closet?" I scratched the side of my nose, fork still in hand.

"No, why?" She said as she stabbed another mouthful of Apple crumble.

"Good...cause I wanna take you shopping." I spoke, munching away.

"Oh my god! We can go out? Like, you're gonna let me out? To civilisation?" She stared at me like I've grown two heads.

"Yes, it's not that bad. Please. SpongeBob could have been a better choice." I teased.

After breakfast, we got dressed and I let her out of the room but not out of my sight. She went into the kitchens to greet the maids as I headed out to get the car.

She was singing to Taylor Swift as we drove along, I swear it almost drove me crazy and I would've killed her if she wasn't my mate...I still love her after all.

The moment we stepped into the mall, her eyes darted back and forth along the row of shops and she ran into the first shop, zooming here and there, picking out clothes and heading into the changing room before I could even say her name.

She stepped out and put some clothes on a nearby rack and held the rest with her as she headed to the cashier. I got up off the small stool I was previously sitting on and stood behind her at the cashier. "$132.40 please ma'am?". I got out my wallet and Lexi immediately stopped me.

"Let me pay." She said.

"Hell no! I'm paying." I insisted and quickly handed the money to the cashier.

We headed out as I carried the paper bags in one hand, my phone in another.

"I don't need you to spoil me, you know.." She said quietly. "I can pay on my own, I've still got money"

I sighed. "You're my mate, I'm allowed to spoil you and I enjoy doing so."

She didn't say anything after that. We spent 3 more hours shopping then we stopped to grab lunch. We sat down and she ordered for me and her. After lunch, we shopped for a few hours more and she finally admitted that neither of us had hands to carry anything anymore. We sat down to catch our breaths.

"Wait here." She said and went off.

I was about to retaliate when I saw her walk right into Victoria Secret's. I sighed again and thought about her in just lingerie before quickly swiping it off my mine. I need to control myself around her and I definitely need to hide this hard-on.

We grabbed dinner and went home. I had to park the car before helping her carry the rest of the bags into the room, our closet was walk-in so that wouldn't be a problem. As we ate, we watched The Purge and while I ordered dessert, she was already unpacking. So I went to help her. I went into the closet and got out a few dresses, lace, bit of leather here and there.

I took the last bag and pulled out a red lace bra. Then I saw the familiar gold lettering and pink stripes on the bag, Victoria's Secret.

Author's Note
Okay so, I didn't really have a cliffhanger this time but...it's still a little bit. Anyway, how are you finding the story? :) a lot of people added it to their reading list and I'm so thankful ;-; I feel happy whenever someone does that, so be sure to do so if you haven't already :) and go check out my other stories if you've got time. Love you ❤️