[ 02 ]

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐉𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐘-𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐇, 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐑, 𝐌𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐏𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒. He knew exactly who he needed to speak to, since she hadn't left his mind for the entire morning. Also, he was more likely to get the truth from her than Riley-Smith since she wasn't likely to see him as a purely stone-cold lawyer who was out to get him, but a man that she had loved.

"What...what now, Harvey?" he questioned, clueless to how much this case genuinely meant to Harvey. Sure, if Harvey were to mention the significance, Mike would simply tease him because he wasn't supposed to care about the client. He wasn't supposed to sympathise. He was supposed to leave the case alone and take some random girl out for the night, but he knew that he would dedicate everything that he had to getting justice.

Because Marilyn deserved all the justice in the world.

"You're gonna go back to the firm and get hold of Ophelia Clancy. I want details about why she thinks she was fired, why she's filed the case and if she knows of any other women that would support her, if she were to go to court. Because if no one will-" Harvey began. Mike didn't need to know what this case was going to do for him, he just needed to get on with his job. Plus, Harvey didn't exactly feel confident to confide in him, the disloyalty still fresh, despite the pair working together again.

"She's got no substance," Mike concluded. Harvey resisted the urge to grin at the fact that Mike was thinking like him again, his mind flashing back to his first days with the associate. Even after sacrificing his job, his office, his everything for him, he'd still been betrayed. "What're you gonna do?"

"Work for the opposing side," Harvey replied rapidly, an aggressive bite to his tone. Mike held his hands in surrender, resisting the urge to roll his eyes as he sighed at the reminder that his relationship with Harvey wasn't completely restored. Sure, he may be working with him again, but their friendship had deteriorated and it was going to take more than working with him and thinking like him to restore what they had.

"Okay, I deserved that," he admitted lowly before heading for the exit. Harvey huffed at how harsh he'd been, fully aware that Donna would've most likely scolded him for that. Of course he was grateful to have Mike back with him, but he'd never expected him to leave in the first place. Truth be told, it was one of the first times he'd put someone else's needs ahead of his own since Marilyn and it had blown up in his face. Despite Mike attempting to make it up to him, Harvey was still slightly bruised.

He leaned on the wall, ensuring that he steered clear of the elevator buttons, releasing a breath so heavily like it would get rid of the weight on his shoulders. He reached the news floor quicker than he'd thought he would, but still snuck into the background, as to watch Marilyn at work with absolutely no disturbance.