Sixteenth

Final

"Yun lang ba, Mayor?" Atty. Castañeda asked me over the phone

I massaged the bridge of my nose before adding something.

"Act as if you did not talk to me. Don't make it look suspicious for her."

Humagalpak si Attorney at imbes na mainis ay napailing nalang ako sa sariling kahibangan.

Few weeks ago, I received the annulment papers. And now, here I am doing everything I can to stop her from her ridiculous plan.

Ni hindi pa nga kami nagkikita, maghihiwalay na? Let me rephrase that, ni hindi pa nga niya ako nakikita, makikipaghiwalay na siya sa'kin?

Hindi ba siya na-curious man lang sa'kin? We are married for God's sake! She is darn tied to me, whether she admit it or not!

And now that she's making her way out, there is no way I am letting her slip away.

I've been waiting for that woman for years. I even... fuck, I even sent her a DM on instagram but it seemed like she has a lot of messages to open that she did not even bother to read mine!

"Mahal mo nga, Mayor..." panunuya ni Atty. sa kabilang linya

Hindi ako sumagot, sa halip ay pinutol na ang tawag.

Yes. Hell, yes. I am inlove with that woman! Hindi ako magpapakasal sa kanya kung hindi ko siya mahal. I don't marry for other people's sake but for my own sake! Siya lang naman itong....

"Diego, this is my grandchild Amanda."

I stared at the girl. Her hair was tied in a braided ponytail. She was wearing a yellow dress. Her skin is fair. Her face, although just 5 years old, she looked fierce and mean.

Yes. Indeed she is mean. I confirmed that when I tried shaking her hands but she did not even took my hand! Wow. What a disgraceful child! I am older than her, where is her respect?

"I don't like her, Lolo."

"I did not ask if you do, Diego."

He eyed me playfully.

Hindi ko siya sinagot.

"And you sound like you're just convincing yourself. You like her, huh?"

It took me a while before answering.

"No."

But my Lolo wasn't convinced. Indeed, when Amanda turned 18, our grandparents made everything possible to wed us.

"Son, if you're not up for it... I can tell your Lolo not to-"

"It's okay, Mom."

"What do you mean it's okay? You are risking your freedom to choose your wife here!"

"I had my freedom, Mommy." I pointed out

Her eyes suddenly widened.

"Ohmygod, do you mean... you chose her? You chose Amanda? You want her to be your wife?"

"Yes." I answered curtly

I want that mean girl to be my wife. I don't know why but everytime I convince myself not to search her name on the search bar of facebook, the more I am anticipated to search for her account. And that is what I do almost every single day. Stalk her and see what she's doing. She is active on social media, good thing.