Love Is Not Enough 2

Summary: Part 2 to "Love Is Not Enough"

Warnings: Angst, violence, mentions of wounds, blood, sadness, small amounts of fluff

A/N: Here is part 2 by popular demand and the fact I carried on writing the moment I posted the first part. Enjoy Lovelies! 

It was a few days later, all of you were gathered around the table discussing another recon mission

It was a few days later, all of you were gathered around the table discussing another recon mission. Deciding the logistics and most importantly who should go.

Everyone was arguing amongst themselves, volunteering to go and saying why someone shouldn't.

When there was a small gap of silence you mumble, "I'll do it".

Tony shakes his head, "you're here to discuss logistics only. You've just come back from a recon mission-".

You cut him off calmly, "which means I'm still in that head space. I'm one of the best for recon missions on the team and I think, after everything, it would be good for me to get some distance".

The silence descends, sitting heavy on everyone's shoulders. Eventually everyone agrees and before you know it, your go bag is in your hands as you step onto the jet.

You set the bag down and feel a presence behind you. When you turn you see Steve standing just inside the jet.

He watches you for a minute before nodding, "we've all agreed to let you do this because you asked us to. Because you want some distance and something to clear your head. But just because Bucky did what he did, doesn't mean he doesn't love you and it doesn't mean the rest of us don't love you either".

You glance to the floor and back at Steve again, "I know".

Steve folds his arms, "so that means no risks. Nothing stupid. It's exactly the same as every other mission you've been on, you hear me?".

You give Steve a small smile, "yes".

Steve gives you his stern look a few seconds longer before moving to wrap you in a hug. He mumbles into your hair, "you need anything, you call. Don't forget your check ins and be safe".

You squeeze him one last time before letting go and turning to the chair. You strap in and get the jet going, wishing you had squeezed him a little tighter and a little longer.

It had been three months. Three months and five days to be exact but Bucky wasn't counting...the minutes anyway.

It had been two days since you missed check in. Needless to say, Bucky hadn't slept.

Bucky walks around until he finds Steve, "hey, Punk, anything?".

Steve just shakes his head, a troubled look on his face.

Bucky lets out a breath in frustration, "we have to do something-".

"You know the protocol Buck, we don't do anything until it's been 72 hours-".