Chapter 6

"Matt?"

He put his foot in the door. "Before you slam the door on me, please let me talk to you."

"I don't want to talk to you," I said, stubbornly. "There's nothing left for you to say."

"Please," Matt said earnestly. His blue eyes shimmered with the reflection of the midday sun. "Give me five minutes of your time. If you are still mad after that, I will turn around and drive back to school."

"Ugh, fine." I groaned. I opened the door and let him enter my house. "Just know that my mom is at work and if she found out we were alone together while she was gone, I am dead meat." 

"Just know that I am risking expulsion by being here during lunch. I am supposed to be in fifth period in two minutes. I think we're even." Matt laughed as he ushered me to the couch and took a seat next to me.

My whole body was shaking and I could hear my blood pumping in my ears. I wanted so badly to believe that Matt was completely innocent, but even I knew that it would be tough to justify that picture. I took a deep breath, knit my fingers together and set my hands in my lap.

"Okay, so start from the beginning," I said, willing myself not to get all worked up. I tried to let my mind float elsewhere momentarily to calm down. I thought about how my pink, fluffy robe felt beneath my fingers, the color of the flowers my sister had planted in the backyard, and... "You get the best of both worlds! Chillin' out, take it slow, then you rock out the show." how much I really needed to turn off the TV.

"...and that's why she sent you that picture!" Matt announced, exasperated. "Wait, were you even listening?"

Oh crap. I missed his whole explanation. Darn my wandering mind and nervousness. "I-I-I'm sorry. I got lost in my thoughts. Let me, uh, turn off the TV." I said, picking up the remote and hitting the off button.

I looked to my left and saw Matt smirking. "You sure are something, Lauren. Your thoughts were lost in the world of Hannah Montana? What, are you still trying to wrap your brain around the fact that she is really Miley Stewart?"

"Oh shut up," I said, punching his arm lightly. I loved how our relationship worked, and I made sure to enjoy the moment since it might be the last time we were joking around like this. "So, take two. Try again."

"Okay, well, do you remember on Tuesday when we snuck behind the theatre after rehearsal to...erm...talk?" Of course I remembered. Although, we didn't do much talking, what we did do was a whole lot of kissing. I felt my cheeks turning pink at the thought.

"I remember."

"Well, Krista paid some freshman to snap a picture of us," Matt explained. "See?" He lifted a picture from his lap. I am not going to lie, I smiled at the sight of us intertwined. I shook my head, remembering that this picture was taken before the incident.

"And?" I said, slightly annoyed.

"Look at this picture," He said pushing the photo that made its way into my inbox the previous day towards me.

I felt tears building inside of me and decided to look at the other picture to try and calm myself down. I was just starting to breathe normally again when I noticed a trash can in the background of the picture of Matt and me. Isn't that the same one in the picture of Krista? Wait, Matt's hands are positioned the exact same way in both pictures. And the bench is the same. I suddenly felt faint. 

"See how Krista is sort of outlined and looks like the doesn't belong in the picture? Well, that's because someone photoshopped it." Matt declared. "And she doesn't belong in the picture. You do."

Suddenly, it all made sense. No wonder he was wearing the leather wrap bracelet! He didn't cheat on me, this was all a fake. I couldn't tell that she looked out of place when the picture was on my iPhone. It was too small to see any details.

"Oh Matt," I said scooting closer to him. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. You had every right to be angry. I am sorry too, sorry that I ever dated a monster like her."

We both laughed for a few seconds before we both stopped and made eye contact. Matt grabbed my cheek and moved his face close to mine. "You look beautiful when you laugh," He whispered before bringing his lips to mine. His lips seemed to melt around mine when we kissed, it was magical.

There was so much passion behind every motion. We adjusted our positions so I was on lying next to him on the couch. Matt put his hand on my hip below my shirt and moved his lips down to my neck, sending shock waves through my veins. He knew just how to make me feel weightless, safe and happy. I had forgotten everything over the past two days had happened, and all I could think about was his tender touch. Matt planted one last kiss on my jaw line and looked back into my eyes. "I could stay with you like this forever." He smiled. I closed my eyes and grinned too, savoring the moment. I could marry this boy, I thought. My mind filled with wonderful dreams and images about being with him forever.

Forever. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times before looking at the wall clock. Oh no, it was 1:25. Fifth period started at 12:33, had Matt and I really spent an hour together already? "Matt, it's 1:25, you're so dead." I laughed.

"Oh man, I better go," He said standing up and adjusting his blue flannel. "I should try and get there for at least half of sixth period. Don't want to miss all of my classes."

"Nope, probably not," I agreed, walking him to the door. "I'll see you later." I beamed at my gorgeous boyfriend.

He leaned down and kissed me on the nose. "Go get back in bed or something. Make yourself less suspicious," Matt joked. He scratched the back of his head, tousling his light brown hair. "We don't want your mom to hate me."

"Good idea, baby," I smiled. I blew him a kiss while shutting the door and he pretended to catch it, putting it in his breast pocket before he got in his white Volkswagon Bus and drove away.

I crawled back into bed and stared at the ceiling replaying the days events in my heads. As my thoughts started drifting, I began to daydream about being an adult; living in a house with a rose garden and a white picket fence, having kids, and being Mrs. Lauren Fletcher.

----

A/N: So, I really like his chapter. I don't know about you, but I am glad that Matt and Lauren are back together again! So, leave your feedback, and let me know! 

As some of you know, I started a new story. As for those of you who didn't know, it's called Atrum Vis. http://www.wattpad.com/858737-atrum-vis

Here's the description of the story, if you're interested:

Amy Thomas, is known at school for being the weird one. She has the power to see things, past, present, or future, in her dreams. When Amy had just about had enough of her classmates, she takes a lead from one of her mystical visions and ends up in a dark place with the power to change it all...if she can figure out how.

It's much darker than my normal stuff, but I hope you'll at least check it out :)

Thanks guys, and happy holidays/new year!