Chapter 16

Malfoy Manor was an incredible home, the largest single house that Elliana had ever seen. When they apparated onto the front lawn, Elliana was luckily able to catch herself before she fell, glad for this wasn't her first experience apparating. She looked up at the house in front of her and her mouth fell open. As she took in the impressive home, she couldn't believe that this was where Draco lived. She knew his family was wealthy, that certainly wasn't a secret, as he bragged about his father's ministry position often, but she had no idea they were this wealthy. This place was a mansion, complete with albino peacocks strutting around the grounds.

"Jeez Draco, you didn't tell me you lived in a mansion." Elliana whispered to him, careful not to allow his father to overhear. She was slightly afraid of Lucius Malfoy, as he seemed like a very stern man. If it was even possible, he seemed even colder than her father.

"Yeah, it's no big deal. Old wizarding family, old money." He waved it off, but with a small smirk because he enjoyed the awed look on her face.

As Lucius Malfoy approached the 10 foot front door, it swung open slowly to allow him to enter. Draco and Elliana followed quietly inside. To Elliana's surprise, the inside of the house was completely devoid of any Christmas decorations. When they had left Hogwarts, the entire castle had been completely decked out in holiday decorations. She had just assumed that wizards went all out for the holiday. Apparently not all wizards.

Draco's mother, Narcissa Malfoy met them in the foyer, striding forward and wrapping Draco in a hug. "Draco, it's lovely to see you." She straightened and looked at Elliana. "And you must be the young Miss Snape. You really do look like Severus.." She mused, looking Elliana up and down. She looked at her husband, who seemed to have already lost interest in the children and was flipping through the Daily Prophet that had been sitting on the entryway table. "Why don't you two run along. The house elf will have dinner ready in a few hours and you can come join us then."

"Come on Ellie." Draco said, as he grabbed her hand and quickly pulled her out of the room.

"Your mother seems nice.." She said, still anxious from being around Draco's parents.

"Yeah, she's nice... Hey! wanna play quidditch?" Draco asked, quickly changing the subject.

Elliana's pale face reddened. "I have no idea how to fly..." She said, embarrassed.

"You're kidding! You've never flown before? There's no way!" Draco was shocked, and almost didn't believe her, assuming it was just another thing that his friend was amazing at and would hop on the broom and laugh at him.

"Nope. Never flown. No one ever taught me."

"Well then I'm going to teach you!" Draco grabbed her hand again and dragged her out to the back yard.

"But I have flying lessons next term. There's really no hurry... I'll learn when we get back to school..."

"Oh come on Els! It's fun. You'll love it!" At this point Draco was pulling two polished brooms out from the shed.

Elliana was absolutely terrified of flying. She had watched Draco and the other Slytherins during quidditch practice and she couldn't believe how high they flew from the ground. As someone who was raised a Muggle, and was taught that when you fall off high places you get hurt, she had no desire to get up on a broom. "No way. Why don't we go play chess, or something where I won't break my arm."

"If you break your arm, my mum will fix it up. I've done it a time or two!" He winked and shoved one of the brooms into her hands.

Draco spent the next thirty minutes teaching Elliana how to fly. At the end of that time, she was drifting slowly around the yard, a massive three feet off the ground. She drifted back to where Draco was floating waiting for her and landed, only a little shakily, on her feet.