Chapter 28: Roman's favorite star

⚠️The rest of this story is not available on Wattpad. The completed book can be found on Patreon⚠️

⚠️IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:⚠️

This is the LAST chapter of book #1 available on Wattpad.

The rest of the story is exclusively available on Patreon @letsgohomehidee

It is completed on Patreon.

Thank you for understanding!❣

(More info can be found at the bottom of this chapter)

🍒🍒🍒

Roman got out of bed and took his morning shower. He pulled his grey shirt over his head and removed his pants and briefs, turning on the showerhead. The icy cold water that was far too cold for a human being, ran down his face and traced down his strongly defined abs.

He used the shampoo Issa picked out for him, the one that had a woodsy Evergreen and minty fragrance. When he finished rinsing, he wrapped a white towel around his waist and rung a smaller one over his long, silver hair, before stepping out of the washroom.

Nyx was lying on his bed with his legs sprawled out, grinning widely as he enjoyed the view.

"Surprise, surprise darling, aren't you happy to see me?" He chirped merrily.

Roman ignored him, opening his closet and reaching in for his uniform. He wasn't surprised by Nyx's presence, he had heard Nyx sneak through the window when he was in the shower.

"Roman, don't be like that," Nyx frowned, sitting up. "You're my cousin's best friend which basically makes you and I family," he insisted, dismissively waving his hand in the air.

"My friendship with Aleksei is currently on hold because of you," Roman said, placing his uniform on the table. He leaned against the wall, folding his arms over his chest. "Why are you here?"

Nyx scowled.

"Do I have to have an ulterior motive to come see my favorite servant?"

Roman glared at him and Nyx sighed.

"Fine, fine," he said. "You Leblancs love to get straight to the point."

Nyx stood up and handed Roman a letter sealed with red wax with the royal sign.

"For Aleksei," he smiled.

"Why are you giving this to me then?"

"I want you to give it to him when the time comes," he said.

"And when's that?"

Nyx gently patted Roman's strong, round shoulder and winked.

"Only time will tell," he said, mischief glistening in his raven eyes. "Until then, it'd be best if you kept it a secret."

Roman knew that Nyx was up to his games, but what could he do? He was in no position to refuse a direct order from the king.

"And don't even try opening the letter beforehand." The smile on his face was overpowered by the dangerously low tone of his voice. "Say, how is my dear Issa doing? Fine, I hope?" He batted his lashes innocently. "You're doing a great job of keeping him safe and alive, a great job indeed."

Nyx bit back a smile as he saw the expression on Roman's face darken. Roman took in a tight breath, clenching his fists so tightly that his knuckles turned white. He exhaled and slowly loosened his grip.