Outbreak

1871

"Matthew, do you know what's happening? What happened to your mother?" A female police officer, with Jones on the left side of her chest, said to him softly.

He sat in a police station for an hour now. Just staring. Fascinated by the people being dragged in there, all in one cell. Drunk people. High people. Disruptive people. Normal people. The walls were white with chipping paint. The blue print of the building was a basic four wall place. Nothing special. But cold skin and goosebumps.

"Did my mom get in trouble?" He finally said staggering over every word. "She didn't do anything I swear! I need her now!" Matthew went into a slight panic over his mom not being there by his side. He suddenly kicked and screamed and fought for his mom.

"Matthew! Matthew! There's something wrong with your mom." She said to him as he slowly calmed down. "Was anyone in the house with you all?"

Matthew shook his head no.

"Well, did you ever wonder why your mom wasn't talking? Or moving?" Jones asked Matthew.

Silent, stayed Mathew.

"Matthew is there something you want to tell me?" Jones added getting slightly frustrated. Several officers walked in and out of the door catching his eye. He continue to stare. Stare at the men that whispered about him. The people in the cell. Even the white chipped walls.

"Matthew! Did you hurt your mom?" She yelled very demandingly. With an explosive attitude. "Did you!"

"No! I would never hurt mother!" He quickly yelled back in her direction. As he stood up as if trying to size her up.

"Well! Your mom's dead Matthew! Who else would hurt her?" She said still screaming at this young innocent boy, like an adult male near her age.

He sat back down. Quiet and in shock. "She's dead?" He whispered. "You told me she was sleeping." He said to himself as his head jerked slightly to the right and tears ran down his face.

"Who told you that Matthew?" She said with a calmer voice. "Who's said that to you?"

With a blink of his eye and a raise of his finger, he pointed right over her left shoulder with red, glossy eyes. Slowly, she turned her her to the right to see no one, just a white cracked wall.

In an instant she turned back to see Matthew seizuring and foaming out of the mouth. "Help! Help!" She yelled. "Get an ambulance."

We told him to tell no one about us. But what did he do?

Tell.

----
Next: Breaking Down Walls
Later: We Kill
----

Updates: Every Other Sunday