Moving in

Disclaimer!

I do NOT own any Tokyo Ghoul characters!

You sat down in the living room, and read the note your parents had left behind over and over again. Why would they even leave you? Don’t they know it’s illegal to abandon your kids if their under 18? Tears wouldn’t stop flowing.

The thing that bothered you the most was that you didn’t even say goodbye properly this morning. You were so angry about what had happened last night that you didn’t even want to say goodbye.

You wanted to call Hinami, tell her what you had just found, ask her for help… But if you would and Hinami would help you, you would feel so guilty afterwards. She would help you for what? At the moment you had nothing to give her in return.

Thinking about what you were going to do, you stood up and opened the fridge. There was enough food for at least 2 days. Something less to worry about then.

What if mom and dad left more notes around the house? With this thought you decided to inspect every corner of your house, in the hope that you would find something else. Maybe a clue to why they left? Maybe some type ‘How to survive without your parents’ guide?

Roaming through the house you found nothing. Although one thing bothered you… In your parents closet, there were still many clothes hanging. You knew they had left in a rush, but to leave all this clothing behind? Another thing that bothered was that…

Your mom’s necklace. She got it from you and your dad 5 years ago and she never took it off. But the necklace… The necklace was on her bedside table.

You took the necklace, twisting the chain with your fingers. Mom would never take her necklace off. Would she have been forced to? Even so… Knowing mom she would’ve taken it with her, hiding it in her pocket or so. You thought.

The doorbell rang making you jump out of your dream world. “Coming! Just a sec!” You shouted. Putting the necklace back where you found it you rushed down. Looking through the peeping hole, you saw Ayato. “I know you’re standing there. You better open the door before I smash it open.” He said coolly.

You opened the door slowly. “What are you doing here?” You asked him trying to hide the sadness you felt. “I was just wondering… You ran home so fast without even saying goodbye to Hinami so… Anyways… That’s irrelevant…” He said vague.

“Would you just get to the point?” You asked him rubbing your temples. “My point is I was… I was worried about you.” He said turning away. “Why would you even be worried about me? As you can see I’m perfectly fine.” You responded laughing nervously.

“You say your fine but your eyes say something else.” He said looking into your e/c eyes. “Well then… If you came to see whether I’m okay or not… You came, you saw me, I’m okay, now bye.” You said closing the door.

“I’m not going just yet.” Ayato said sticking his foot between the door and doorpost. “Where are your parents?” He asked. Did he really have to bring that up? Not that he knows… “M-my parents? They’re at work.” You said with a nonchalant air.

“F/n, it’s already 9 p.m. They should have been back already.” Ayato said. “How the hell do you know what time my parents come back from work?” You asked him getting irritated. “Intuition.” He covered up.

“They left am I right?” He asked after a moment of silence. “Would you please stop sticking your nose into somebody else’s business.” You said trying to avoid this topic of conversation. “They left am I right?” He asked again.