Chapter Four

"Look at what you've done to us.." ~ Ghost Town (Monster)

---------------------------------------------

Wren looked up, feeling a tiny bit faint. Her heart was beating at a rapid pace. He stared blankly at her. Wren wished she knew what he was thinking of. To know what he was thinking of would be an amazing thing. It scared her that he had lost emotion so suddenly. He then pushed her to where she was laying on her back. Devon pressed his lips to Wren's. His lips were like satin. They were smooth and soft. She loved this. Then he pulled away.

" If you are, I'll be here for you." His words hit her, finally. Her mind said he was lying. She didn't know if she could trust her mind. Wren felt safe, though. His words caused her to relax. This was nice and soothing.

"Thank you, Devon." She smiled, feeling unbelievably happy.

That night was a mysterious one. Wren's dreams dominated her, just as they always have. Devon's dreams did not exist. He laid in bed next to Wren for a hour, not able to gain any sleep. As usual, Devon gave up with trying. He got out of bed, and put some destroyed black jeans. Devon kissed Wren's forehead. Then he walked down the narrow hallway, grabbed his hoodie from the chair next to his door, and left his home. He felt as if he needed to take a walk around town. Once he was outside, he looked up to the night sky. The moon was full and bright, but the stars were dull and small. Devon saw what must be an angel. The fog was causing her to disappear from his sight. He did not want this at all. Devon needed to find out who this angel was. Her blonde hair trailed down her back, and ended at her waist. Her figure was perfect in every way. The girl's waist was small, and her hips were very noticeable. A Marilyn Monroe modern look-alike, she was. Devon ran after her. She quickly turned around as she heard the steps behind her.

"Woah! What do you want?!" She yelled, backing away quickly. Devon stopped as fast as he could. Her voice was as beautiful as her.

"I'm sorry, I just thought you were somebody I knew." Devon answered, thinking quick on his feet.

"Oh, it's fine." She smiled." What is your name? My name is Sira."

"I'm Devon. Why are you out so late, if I may ask?" Devon smiled back at her, blushing. She definitely was an angel, wasn't she?

"I was at work, and now I'm heading home. Why are you out so late?"

"I just needed some fresh air."

Wren woke with an empty feeling inside. She forced herself up from the bed, and walked to the kitchen. She felt like she was the only one home. Was she? Suddenly, somebody knocked on the door. Wren, with no second thought, went to answer it. When she opened the thick, dark door. It was Cameron, her ex-boyfriend.

"What do you want?" Wren snapped, glaring at him.

"Wren, listen to me. Hear me out, please." He sighed, looking fairly depressed." I'm sorry if I did get you pregnant, but I want you to know that I have changed my ways. Please, I want you back. I want a life with you." Wren looked at him thoughtfully, thinking through his plea.

"Alright. I will think about this, alright?" Wren sighed. Cameron rushed towards her and hugged her tightly.

"I love you so much, Wren."

Devon thought it was odd how in just a few hours of knowing this angel, he began to fall for her like no other. She has hypnotizing. Her bone structure was unbelievable. How was this girl not a model? Her personality was cute, yet she was very mysterious. His eyes must have lit up every time she turned to look at him. Sira. What a unique name. It was beautiful, just as she was. The time given to him to meet this girl was a pure gift. She was a treasure.

"Would you like some water?" This angel asked sweetly as we walked into her lair. Her home was amazing. The living room walls were painted beige and the accents were a pastel pink. The combination went well, and did not look like a child had done it. He nodded to her question. Then a spark of a memory flashed into his thoughts. A girl who consisted of problems. Wren. He shook this thought away quickly. No Wren. She needed to be gone. All she did for him was cause him problems. Then Devon snapped back into reality. Why was he saying those things? It didn't make sense. Then he looked back at the angel. All thoughts of Wren disappeared as if she did not even exist.

"Cameron," Wren whispered as he hugged her. His hug was comforting. He would be there for her. This made Wren happy. Somebody cared about her. She liked the sound of his voice. It was very smooth and honest. It was that of a faithful husband, which she was interested in having in the future. A husband. She needed a partner to help her raise her possible child. Wren hoped she was not actually pregnant. But what if she was? What would happen to her? What would her child have to endure? Wren knew. The child would have to deal with it's drugged mother. She wasn't going to change. Wren would always be fucked up in some way. She was even fucked up as a child. When she was younger she was so confused and scared. Wren was still this way. She didn't exactly know why.

Cameron looked at Wren, and in that moment, Cameron was back. He was no longer a selfish bastard in Wren's eyes, and far from being one. Cameron was hers again. He parted his lips slowly.

"I miss you." Cameron meant a lot when he said that. Wren knew that. She loved it when he said that, since she knew exactly what he meant. When she didn't understand what he meant when he said that the first time, he told her. From then on, she understood. Those words were never the same since.

Wren's thoughts drifted away. Devon. It was nice to have hope in him. He did not understand her, though, did he? Devon was only a mere sigh of relief to her. He never had a care for her, did he? He was only a fragment of her imagination from the other world that she knew. This other world no longer was there. It was gone. Devon was a dream. Why was she even thinking about him? It was not sane. She wasn't sane in the first place, though. What was this thought trying to tell her? Devon was nothing now.