Chapter Two

Wow. Ok. I never knew people would get hooked on it O____o Thanks <3

It's short, I know. I'm sorry.

Chapter Two

      Devon nodded his head and said, "Well, you know where my car is. I'll be back, I need to put on real clothes," while disappearing upstairs. He got dressed quickly and got in the car. He drove and turned wherever he was told to, then was quiet as he waited for what was next. Wren was silent as they pulled up outside her house, clothes were strewn across the lawn, making it look like the grass was multi-coloured. She saw the shadow of her mothers face as her favourite shirt was thrown out of the window in a ball. Wren got out of the car quickly and slammed the door, marching up towards the house and looking up.

"What the hell? I was half an hour late!" She shouted up, putting her hands on her hips and sighing at her mothers stony silence. She glanced back towards the car and started trailing around, picking up her discarded clothes. She could feel her cheeks brighten, it was humiliating. Devon slowly got out of the car and sighed at the mess being made. He walked and quickly went to help her pick up everything being thrown before it got dirty from the ground. Wren felt the first tears start to pour down her cheeks. She wiped at them furiously then picked up her old teddy her mother had thrown out too. She held it to her chest, sinking to the ground and braking down. She didn't want Devon to see her this pathetic. Devon silently picked everything up. He sat it inside his car, and then he noticed Wren was crying. He walked over to her and slowly sat, putting an arm around her and pulling her close. Wren shook her head and tried to take a deep breath, wiping away the hordes of tears that wouldn't stop. "I-I'm sorry." She mumbled, looking around at the clothes she had managed to scavange back and the teddy in her hands. She knew she looked pathetic and childish, sat on her old lawn crying over a mother that hated her.

 Devon sighed quietly and said, "It's alright. It's not your fault. Don't feel bad." There wasn't much left to pick up, he'd gotten most of it until her mother dumped a few last things onto the lawn. Wren took a deep breath then pulled away from him, wiping her eyes a last time before picking up the clothes at her feet. She dumped them into the car and jumped in, not even wanting to look back at her old home. Devon followed shortly after her, noting the numbers on the home in case he needed to come back at any point for any reason. He drove back to his home, and carried everything into the room she'd be staying in from now on. Wren shook her head and sat on her bed in disbelief, still clutching the teddy she had picked up. She bit her lip and tried to hold back more tears, she couldn't believe her mother had actually kicked her out this time. Devon didn't want to intrude, so he left her alone to do whatever it was she was going to do. He walked to the kitchen and made himself something to eat, setting aside a small plate for Wren in case she got hungry. Walking into the living room he turned on his PlayStation and slipped in a game. Wren took a deep breath and left the room, leaving the teddy on her bed. She walked into the kitchen and fixed herself up a small glass of water before finding Devon sat in the living room playing some game or other.

"What's this?" She asked, looking at his hands that were punching intructions onto the controller rapidly. 

Devon didn't look at Wren as he said, "Max Payne 3, really good game." He was lost in his own world, barely paying attention to anything. Wren grinned and slumped into the seat beside him.

"Oh! I used to have the first one on playstation two!" She said brightly, folding her legs underneith her and watching him killing person after person. Devon paused the game after a while and offered her the joystick.

"Would you like to take a try at it?" he asked kindly. He wasn't one to share his games with anyone but his twin, but this girl was growing on him. Wren grinned and nodded, taking the joystick and pressing play again. Her fingers flew over the controller wildly as she killed person after person.

"Shoot. Shoot!" She shouted, moving her head to the game. Devon laughed as Wren took over, wondering if that was how he looked whenever he played the game himself. He'd have to ask once she didn't have to concentrate so hard on what she was doing. Wren squealed as they advanced on her, not letting her past or fight. "Take over! Take over!" She shouted, throwing the controller over to him and covering her face over her hands. She got way to over excited about video games sometimes. Devon broke into a round of laughter as he caught the controller and beat the level they were on. He laughed more once he paused it and looked over to her. Wren chuckled a little, unsure of what he was laughing at. "What...was I that bad?" She said weakly, overing her face with her hands. "God, I'm sorry, I haven't played a playstation in years." She groaned behind her hands. 

Devon shook his head and said, "No, your reaction was hilarious though. You were actually pretty good, don't worry," before offering her back the controller.

 Wren pushed the controller away, "I shouldn't, I'll end up having a seizure or a heart attack or something." She chuckled, before picking it up with a grin. "Oh whatever." She said seriously before cracking up. "Oh god." She started up the next level and tried to keep her expression calm, failing miserably when she got scared again. Devon laughed when she was playing. Her facial expressions were priceless.

He waited until she was done with the level and asked, "Is there anything else you'd like to play?"

Wren squealed and clapped her hands together. "What have you got!?" She said quickly before stopping and feeling her cheeks flame, she looked like such a child. "Uhm...What I mean is...sure..." She said, nodding slowly and biting her lip.

Devon laughed and said, "I've got every game you can imagine. Just go pick something out," while pointing to the case of games he had for every system he owned. He was a bit of a game head, and he wasn't ashamed of his collection. Wren patted his hand and jumped off the couch, dropping to her knees and studying the games collection.

"Fable!" She cried, "Halo, gears of war...wow." She mumbled, picking out grand theft auto and chuckling. "Let's run over some old people." She said sweetly, slipping the disk in and hopping back onto the couch. Devon laughed and handed Wren a controller. He smiled as the game started and they started playing. She was a pretty cool girl when she wasn't getting high or drunk.