10

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah." Faber replied. "the apartment retail called us, saying we could come whenever we wanted, and we knew but were trying to wait. Well, according to them, we have a week notice, so we're just gonna head out in three days."

"That's awesome, guys," Aaron congratulated.

Faber nodded, but she still looked unsure. She was watching both Aaron and Josh - how they weren't sitting as close as they usually did and why it seemed awkward.

"Are you two okay?" She finally asked.

"Yeah." Josh answered. I don't know.

"Okay," She didn't buy it and stood up, "so, what do you guys wanna do?"

"We could go to our separate ways and relax around the house." Josh suggested.

Liam nodded. "I like that idea."

"Okay," said Faber, "okay."

"Alright. Our breakfast is probably cold, too." Aaron mumbled the last sentence towards Josh, and the two walked up the stairs to their room.

When they got to it, they picked up their small mugs of cold tea and cold toast and walked downstairs to the kitchen. They dumped the contents and placed the dishes into the sink, and started back up.

Aaron plopped on the bed when Josh shut the door. He didn't know why, but the tension around them felt awkward. He was awkward.

"So," Aaron started.

"So." Josh breathed. He was on his side of the bed, fumbling with his fingers.

"What should we do?"

"Do you wanna watch a movie?"

Aaron shrugged. "Sure."

Josh climbed off the bed and walked over to the front of the bed. There was an oak table that held a flat screen television and a Wii. They liked going on Netflix and sometimes played Mario 64.

When Josh turned the T.V and Wii on, he grabbed one of the remotes and sat back down. He clicked the Netflix icon, and together they waited for it to load.

"What should we watch?" Josh asked, eyes still on the screen, moving the remote so the hand would drag on all the choices.

"Can we watch Robin Hood? The Disney version?" Aaron asked quietly.

"Robin Hood? Why that?" Josh found it in the children's section.

"I'm just feelin' it today."

Josh started the movie and sat back with Aaron. Their blanket was draped over their legs and they held hands. Josh felt warm.

When they got to the part where Robin disguised himself as a blind, poor man, and helped out a family of bunnies, Josh got bored. He spotted Aaron's laptop on the floor next to him, and Josh got up to retrieve it.

Aaron didn't say anything, he just kept watching the movie. Soft laughs escaped his lip sometimes, and Josh found it adorable.

When the computer was on, he quickly went on Safari and headed to Google. He didn't know what to type at this point.

Then, he got an idea.

jobs near forrestville, he typed.

When the searches came up, Josh was eager and determined to find something that he'd like to work at. Forrestville was only a thirty minute drive from the lake house, and it was near shops and organizations.

But, he didn't want to work at Perrie's Boutique or Kyle's Barber Shop. He didn't want to work at a grocery store, pharmacy, or the other little stores. There was only one other building that was close to their new apartment.

The Forrestville Library.

Did he want to work at a library? Libraries were rather quiet and boring, filled with boring people. But did it matter? Not really. Work was work. And what Josh really needed right now was a job.

"Hey, Aaron?" Josh nudged the blonde's arm.

"Hm?" Aaron was still zoned into the movie, but he turned his attention to Josh.

"I think I found a job." Josh smiled.

Aaron's blue eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"Where at?"

Josh turned the computer so that Aaron could see. He bent down to read the small print.

"Irwin's Strip Club?" Aaron read aloud. He looked at Josh in confusion.

"What? No!" Josh blushed madly, "read below that. Oh my God."

Aaron laughed and read again. "Oh. At a library."

"Yeah. It's near the apartment complex, it pays, and it's quiet." Josh said.

"Okay." Aaron nodded.

"Okay."

"Shut the hell up, Augustus. I'm trying to watch Robin Hood."

"But, Hazel," Josh joked, "aren't you happy for me?"

"Extremely." Aaron kissed his lips, "proud, even. You found one without me telling you to."

"Yeah, yeah." Josh waved him off. "return to your movie."

"Watch with me. This is actually a good movie." Aaron said. Josh rolled his eyes but gradually shut the laptop to a close.

They watched in silence, and Josh found the movie to be cute.

"If you worked at Irwin's Strip Club," Aaron spoke up, "I'd be there everyday."

Josh blushed again and hit his arm. "I would be a bartender, genius. Not a stripper."

"Still."

"Just to see the girls?"

"Just to see you." Aaron wrapped his arms around Josh's abdomen. Josh kissed the top of his head.

"You're too cute." Josh sighed.

"Not as cute as you." Aaron's eyes were closed now.

"You're cuter."

Aaron seemed to be falling asleep. His voice seemed raspier. "You're so cute."

"I'm gonna call you SCB, which means Super Cute Boy. Because that's what you are. Maybe kitten. Nah. I'm going to call you -"

"I love you." Aaron whispered. Just before he fell asleep.

• • •

Wow, update. Sorry if this was short. x.