Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Meet Elise, the Woman who Started it All.

When the door opened, inside stepped a young woman who seemed to be very stressed out. She had what looked like normal brown hair, which was clearly being taken over by shades of gray and white. It went to her shoulders, but you guessed her hair reached much longer than that, because it was very curled at the end. A hair clip with three pearls on it helped tuck her hair behind her ear on one side of her head, while the other side of her head had some of it tucked behind her ear, just in the front, but the rest fell over the side of her head, and ended in a curl. Her neck was decorated with a white lace choker that looked very old, and the rest of her outfit just looked like a business woman that prefered pants- a black dress shirt with a light purple tie, all put together by gray dress pants. She looked like a normal person, not any enemy stand user. But, knowing that this was Chrysanthemum's family, she probably was. You could definitely say that she was beautiful, but her traits seemed a bit more different than Chrysanthemums. The woman's hair seemed a lot more naturally darker, and her eyes seemed a lot more gray instead of the crystal blue color that was the same as Chrysanthemum's or Desmond's.

This is really Elise?

"Hey, Elise... uh, sorry for coming back so early, and without results either, but the girl I took from our universe wanted to talk to you..." Chrysanthemum shyly said, you could tell she was intimidated by Elise, but you didn't blame her; Elise's presence was very strong, but you couldn't tell why. Just something off about her, you assumed. "Oh, alright. Hi, I'm Elise Vadleigh. Wait, Josuke is here? Oh, lovely! Did you bring Rohan as well? Hmm, wait, no, Margaret is with you, that wouldn't be possible, because she went with Desmond before you took this girl, hmm. Did Desmond decide to stay back? And why hasn't he killed Josuke yet?" Elise asked a storm of questions to Chrysanthemum, all while you caught Margaret in the corner of your eye sneaking into one of the rooms. Josuke walked closer to you, instead of trying to figure out the tv. "Oh, Elise, uh, Desmond's dead. He got shot," Chrysanthemum tried to act like it wasn't her doing, but it definitely was, and Elise caught on. "Chrys, you darling, you killed him, didn't you?" Elise said, and sighed, "Well, it was bound to happen one day. He had to atone for his sins; knowing his luck though, he'll probably find a way to come back. Haha, just kidding," Elise's voice changed from a smooth velvet tone only a woman from the 1920's could have, to something slightly off from that, and it made you feel incredibly scared.

God, does she just have a strong aura or what? You thought, but just then, Josuke spoke up, "Listen, Elise, I don't know what's wrong with you, but you shouldn't have used innocent people for whatever this is. You got Y/N tangled up in this entire ordeal," Josuke said, and you prepared to argue back with him, wanting to say something like 'Josuke, I actually enjoyed being in Morioh,' but you didn't, because you realized that it wouldn't help whatever the hell was going on. "Chrys, he successfully fell in love with the girl, right?" Elise asked, and Chrysanthemum nodded, prompting Elise to continue again, "Ah, then, Josuke, I don't know why you're complaining. Us illegitimate children's really should be watching out for each other. I was just trying to help you, and write a story out of it. If whatever they're named, Y/N, I think you said? Didn't get her stand, none of this would've gotten disorganised," Elise looked at you with the most disgust you think you've seen anybody look at you. Like you were her greatest enemy, and her only reason to hate anyone. Chrysanthemum actually spoke up once more, "wait, Elise, why'd you tell us to hate illegitimates if you were one yourself- I-"

"Chrys, lower your hate levels by lying about the negative parts of yourself. It'll come back only when someone figures out, which won't happen if you hide it well. Remember me telling you and Desmond that? Right before you both went to investigate those universes," Elise interrupted. Chrysanthemum just stood there, shocked, and eventually shook her head, like she was trying to level her head. "Hmm, well, I either get killed now, or you both let me have my life spared, you can decide, I already have my will set to Chrys either way, so she can live by herself, or with Margaret, if she pleases," Elise said, but she had a hint of sorrow in her voice. You thought for a bit, and looked at Josuke. You could tell he was thinking as well, but he looked back and smirked at you. "Elise, you haven't done anything really too wrong, so I guess I'll let you off on a warning..? Uh, just don't lie to your relatives, and don't send people into other universes'? I don't know, just don't kill anyone, or tell other people to kill everyone else?" You suggested the warning more than you enforced it, and you blamed that on your lack of social skills. Elise sighed, almost like she wanted to get murdered. "Well, you should scurry along to wherever you live. Been nice being your villain, but if you want, I could try to get a stand, and be even worse next time," Elise suggested, and you just nodded, took Josuke's hand, and left the apartment. The stuffiness and smell of being around all that old stuff made you feel like you were being haunted. The door closed behind Josuke, and he tried to move himself to not block the cramped hallway completely.

"Agh, my door right over there.." You groaned, mostly because you really didn't want to see your parents at the moment. They'd probably be all 'oooohhhh, where were you?' And also extremely 'is this boy your boyfriend? Isn't this an anime boy you talk about?' So, you weren't ready for it. "Well, go on and knock, unless your parents' have it unlocked," Josuke said. You were pretty sure he just wanted to relax for a bit, which you knew he probably wouldn't be able to do for at least fifteen minutes. You knocked on your apartment's door, and waited for a response. "I'll get it!" You heard your mom say from through the door, and when she opened it, you couldn't tell if she was scared or shocked for a few seconds. After your mom stopped staring, she immediately threw her arms around you, forcing you into a hug, which made you get embarrassed. "Oh, my sweetie! Where have you been? Did you get kidnapped? I thought you died, and I was so worried! I posted all about it on Facebook, and I even got the police and a detective involved! You were on the international news! Why were you gone for over a month? Wait, does this delinquent boy have something to do with it?" Your mother glared at Josuke like he was her worst enemy, which prompted him to get all flustered. "Mom, you're suffocating me... can't me and Josuke just go inside? We've literally been standing almost all day," you complained, and your mom let you go inside, and surprisingly, she also let Josuke come in. You both took your shoes off this time. "So, spill it. Why are you hanging out with a boy that's not even going to your school?" Your mom interrogated, and you really didn't feel like lying, from what happened previously. You thought for a bit, and told her the true story. "Basically, I went to an alternate universe, and met Josuke, and now we're dating, and I just got back through a portal, and now he's here also. Uh, tell dad and the police and detective..? That I just got kidnapped, though," you said, trying to leave out the whole part about getting shot with a magical arrow, and of course the part where you were a witness to a murder. Your mom laughed, and said, "you're joking, silly pants!" And then she realized that you weren't.