CHAPTER VIII. Yama

Ciel knocked on the door and entered my room immediately after the knock. He looked at me, a drop of sweat dripping from his forehead. It was quite unusual to see him like that. He was never really stressed, let alone sweating.

I rose up from my chair and notes. 'What's going on?'

'You have to hide.' Spoke Ciel. I frowned at him, but I could see from everything that he wasn't joking.

'What do you mean? Where can I even hide?'

Ciel didn't give me an answer and grabbed my wrist. He pulled me with him and it was obvious after a few seconds that he was leading me to the basement.

'Explain at least something, Ciel.'

'I can't.' he whispered. It was as if this was the most painful thing for him to do, but I didn't quite understand why.

'Who do I have to hide from?' I asked. He just shook his head in response and kept on walking. I decided, that if Ciel was this afraid, I'd better just follow his lead.

He dropped me in the cellar where Sebastian kept all the different kinds of tea and made sure I sat down on the ground. He grabbed my face and showed me a forced smile.

'Please stay here until me or someone else comes to get you.'

I nodded. There was nothing else I could do. His agitated way of talking and moving showed that I shouldn't go against him right now. Even when the angel attacked me, he and Sebastian remained calm. I had never seen him like this, so I was absolutely sure that there was something wrong. Especially since he didn't even tell me what was going on.

He smiled one more time and ran back upstairs. I started with waiting for him, while the scent of tea covered the entire space.

Ciel arrived back at the entrance where a man in a blue suit and red tie was waiting. It was Sebastian, disguised now as the man named Sven.

'Young master.' He bowed. But the usual grin on his face had long disappeared when he said that. In his eyes also, there was nothing but worry.

'How did it find us?' asked Ciel.

'I have no idea. Did you hide her where I told you to?'

'I did. Are you sure he won't able to smell her now?'

Sebastian nodded. 'I think it's going to be alright like this. Claude has pulled this one on me before, I'm just hoping it works once more for that thing.'

'When did you notice it for the first time?' asked Ciel.

'I had a faint feeling after I left the mansion last week after visiting here. I felt that something was watching me, keeping an eye on me. When I was at your office this morning, I noticed him for sure. I can sense him coming closer now, I think he is almost here.'

That very moment the grand doors of the entrance were blown open by the force of the wind. While the snow entered the mansion, a black figure stood in the midst of the opened doors. His presence slowly drew closer and slowly it started to take shape.

The moment the black entity entered the mansion, the doors closed behind him with force and the snow that had been blown inside, had suddenly disappeared. The entity now looked like a man in a completely black attire. The only thing that wasn't consistent with its human form were the red eyes.