27 Alpha Lilly*

I got up this morning early. I can't sleep. Too excited. Today is the day I become Alpha!

I meet father in the office and find him packing.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"After today, this is no longer my office... Alpha." He says, grinning at me.

"How do we know I will retain my Alpha... I mean, later... no female Alpha ever has." I am worried. I am excited, but what if I'm not strong enough.

"There have only been 4 female Alphas in history. Each one was used and abused. Treated like an object to gain power. Also, they were mated before they were given the title. There are no guarantees, little wolf. I can't tell you it will all be perfect, but you are doing things right. You are strong, and Aaron is a good man. I have faith in you... you'll be fine." He says.

"Soo... what do I have to do in this ceremony?" I ask, and Father laughs.

"Let's take a walk." He wraps his arm around me and leads me out the door.

The place is extremely active. Wolves are running around setting things up. It is a beautiful day. A no shoes kind of day which I prefer. Sam set everything up. A platform in a clearing in the woods is where we usually have important events. Wolves prefer being outside, and it fits hundreds of wolves. It is all decked out lights in the trees that will look beautiful once the sun goes down. A podium is set in the middle of the platform with a bowl and knife.

"Let me guess... blood?" I say as we step up.

"You know it... it's what unites us all." He grins. "So, you will stand in the front of the crowd with the ranking wolves. I give a little speech and call you up. Then, an elder conducts the ceremony. You take the vow. We share blood. You become Alpha."

"That sounds like the Sesame Street version." I say.

"Kinda is, but you get the idea.... Samantha!" He calls her over.

"Yes, Alpha." She says as she approaches.

"Everything ready?" He asks.

"Sure is... did you need something?"

"Can you get Lilly ready?" Oh no, not again! Sam is queen of overkill!

"No problem, Alpha... don't worry, everything will be perfect!" She says to father, then turns to me."Let's go!"

Lucky for me, Sam had no intention of taking me somewhere she had found three fancy dresses and brought them to her house.

"You pick! It's a big day, little one... or should I start calling you Alpha now?" She says.

"You can call me whatever you want, Sam." I laugh.

They are amazing. Floor length and very formal. I pick the green one.

"Is everyone going to be this dressed up?"

"Of course! This is not only big for you but for the pack as well. They are getting a new Alpha." I am more nervous now than ever. "You will be great, Lilly!"

"I agree." Beta Carson says as he comes in. "Babe, you mind if I steal our Alpha away for a bit... pack business and all."

"Fine. But I need you back here at 6 for makeup and hair if we want you ready for the ceremony at 8." She says.

"Will do... come on, Lilly." I follow Beta Carson out the door.

"So, were you just saving me, or do you need me for something?" I ask, and he laughs.

"Both, I guess... you need to decide pack ranks." Carson says.

"What do you mean?" The pack is already set. What do I have to decide?