Chapter 57

Chapter 57

Tobias pov

I stumble back away from her, my mouth open in horror. No, there's no way I could have done this. But the sympathy in her eyes tells me that I did it, I hit her and yet she's sympathetic for me. "I did this?" I ask breathlessly.

She opens her mouth and stumbles over her words for a second, "tobias you have to understand, you were drunk. It wasn't you, you didn't know what you were doing. I understand that, I'm not mad."

I hit her. I punched her in the face, and from the looks of it, hard. Bile rises in my throat, I feel like I'm going to be sick at any moment. "Tell me what happened, please." I say with my eyes closed tightly.

"Tobias you don't have to do that to yourself" tris says lightly with her hand still on my thigh. I squeeze my eyes shut tighter, unable to look at her and no what I've done, "please. I have to know."

She lets out a sigh and I hear her scoot over next to me, but I still don't open my eyes to look at her. She puts a hand on my shoulder and begins, "when we got home you kept pressuring to be with you. When I kept kept saying no you...you shoved me up against a wall and..."

She pauses, and I open my eyes to look at her, "you started screaming about how I didn't love you and I tried to talk you down but it didn't work and you just kinda lost control for a second. But it was only one punch tobias. And it didn't hurt that bad, it's worse than it looks I swear."

She sounds convincing but by the look on her face I can tell she's lying. When I punch I don't do it lightly, even when I'm drunk I punch hard. But she's lying to protect me.

"But I fell to the ground and grabbed my crutch, and I jabbed you in, your area.." She whispers softly. Well that explains why I'm sore, but I'm glad she didn't. Who knows how long I would have gone on hitting her.

"You fell down so I got up and ran to the bedroom, then locked it before you could reach me. You kept pounding on the door and screaming at me to let you in. I obviously didn't, then i passed out on the ground over there." My eyes widen and i look at her incredulously.

She fixes herself quickly, "fell asleep, I meant fell asleep on the ground." I bite my lip and look away, I knew I had punched her hard. But hard enough to make her pass out?

I can't be here right now. I'm just like him. I stand up to leave, "I'm sorry I can't, I have to go." I turn around to go. I hear tris trying to form a sentence behind me.

"No, tobias. Your not leaving. I'm fine and this is not your fault please understand that." She goes to stand up and uses the dresser to help her since her leg is still healing. I just stare at her sadly, I hurt my wife.

She looks fine until she straightens up completely. I know that look all to well, her face become a little paler and her eyelids falter for a split second. I quickly run over to her right as she starts to collapse.

I catch her in my arms and swing her up so I'm holding her against me. I did this to her. She looks up regretfully and tries to get out of my arms, "I'm sorry I just stood up to quickly. Pregnancy thing."

I give off a small smile, she's really trying to convince me she didn't just collapse because of the blow I gave to her head last night? I hold her a little closer to me, showing her that I'm not letting her out of my arms to walk again.

I lay her down on our bed and grab a spare blanket to cover her up. "I'm just going to go get you some ice, okay?" She looks up at me frightfully, "promise you won't leave me?" She asks softly.

I lean down and kiss her forehead lightly, "I promise" I whisper back. I stand up and walk into the kitchen. I mindlessly fill up a bag of ice for her eye. But one thought won't leave my mind.

I hit my pregnant wife. I'm just like him.

A/N: I MANAGED TO UPDATE. BOW DOWN TO ME. 🙇