Chapter 2

Professor Snape growled in frustration. Dumbledore had all of the staff searching the castle for the Potter brat. It's been three hours since the brat disappeared from the dungeons and Snape was considering killing both Potter and Longbottom once this is all over.

Meanwhile, a confused little boy was trying to stifle his whimpers, he was hiding in a dark corner, terribly afraid at suddenly being ripped away from the comforts of his cupboard. People in strange clothing kept walking past him calling for someone named Harry. All the little boy wanted to do was to go back to his cupboard before his Aunt and Uncle found out he did some more freakish stuff. He did not think he could handle no food for a week again even if he did deserve it for being such a freak.

"Hello, young Harry Potter," said an airy voice.

Harry looked up startled as he saw a girl, with blonde hair so light it was almost white, and a nervous-looking boy with dark hair.

"Um, Luna," said the nervous boy, "who are you talking to? Harry isn't right there."

"Yes, young Harry Potter here seems to have much power, he is hiding from view with a crafty bout of accidental magic."

The little boy was thoroughly confused.

"M-magic no r-real and my name no Hawwy," he said.

Neville gasped at hearing a small voice coming from the seemingly empty corner.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" said Luna. "Well, what is your name little one?"

"M' name is Boy, but sometimes Uncle Vernon call me Fweak."

Neville gasped once again. It seems as if that's all the shy knew how to do.

"Oh, but little one that is but a mean name your relatives called you. Can I tell you a secret?" whispered Luna, bending down.

"S-sure," said the boy his fear leaving slowly and his curiosity growing.

"Your parents gave you a very nice name. They gave you the name you Harry James Potter."

"Really?" said the boy, now fully visible and his fear moved to the back of his mind. The newly named, if it could it be called newly named since it was his name the entire time, Harry started to wonder if his parents were really that bad since they gave him such a nice name.

They only gave me that name because they didn't know I was going to be a freak, Harry decided.

Meanwhile, Neville's heart nearly broke into two as he looked at his friend. Harry's eyes grew wide at learning his name and he was so skinny he looked like he'd break at the slightest touch. Poor Harry's face was covered with dirt and slime.

"Yes, really," said Luna. "It can't be that comfortable sitting on floor young Harry. How about you come with me and my friend Neville to somewhere more comfortable."

Harry didn't know if he should go with this girl but she seemed nice enough. At least she was nicer than his Aunt and Uncle; he didn't know enough people to compare her to anyone else. Although, Harry really hoped this wasn't some kind of trick like when Dudley gave him one of his toys then started crying and told her Harry took it.

" ' kay," said Harry, tentatively grabbing the hand that Luna offered him.

Harry, Luna, and Neville headed towards the Hospital Wing. Neville fidgeted with his hands awkwardly, he had done this to Harry, it was all his fault that Harry was now a toddler. If only I was so rubbish at everything, thought Neville, I can't even read the bloody instructions correctly.

Harry heard a slight sniffling and looked up at Neville. The boy looked as if he was close to tears, slowly Harry grabbed his hand and when Neville looked down at him Harry asked,